TURN ($22) J:club: J:heart: 3:spade: T:spade:

checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($22) J:club: J:heart: 3:spade: T:spade: 5:diamond:

checks, Hero checks
  • 4 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      If you cbet you call shove. As for if to cbet or not, both options are ok and has their upsides and downsides. Depends on villain, in vacuum I'd cbet.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      And make it somewhat bigger preflop like 12.5/13
    • Confeti
      Confeti
      Silver
      Thanks man!, call shove is it ok against this villain who almost never C/R ?

Being IP I 3bet x 2,2, OOP x 2,5 (standar from FR and SH). Why do you 3bet more IP?

Regards.-
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I don't think it's a question of stats but more of a game flow/reads, even most passive nits can come to a point where they will bluff off 200bb stacks for no particular reason.

You should try to obtain more reads about your opponents instead of looking at stats, like how they play their big hands, how they play their weak hands, how they play their mediocre hands, how they play their weak draws, how they play their strong draws, on what cards they bluff, on what cards they give up, on what boards do they like to play back at you on what boards do they cbet on what not, what hands do they 3bet what hands they call, what they've seen you do, what they think of you, DO THEY THINK, how light would they get it in preflop, how light they call preflop 3bets/4bets etc etc

Such information is much more valuable than any kind of stats, for example yea maybe he does c/r 8% but all of it was on paired dry flops while he plays straightforward on more drawy flops, or maybe the opposite is true.

So I can't say do this or that and it's gonna be 100% correct, w no more info once I cbet I end up calling. If in doubt, check is ok.

And why I do more preflop is because I want to put people in push or fold stage with my 4bet OR force them to be making bigger mistake in theory by calling 4bets OOP when the price is bigger. That's my default and I could adjust the sizing to smaller or bigger in game progress.