Dublimax
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.50 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $50.50
      MP: $50.00
      CO: $68.12
      BTN: $9.70
      SB: $50.45 VP:17/PR:12/AFq:39/3B:0%(0/33)
      Hero (BB): $62.82

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:club:

fold, MP raises to $2.00, CO calls $2.00, fold, SB raises to $6.00, fold, fold, fold

Considering his 3B % good fold or should I still consider shoving because it is a squeeze?
  • 8 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

The min-squeeze sux. Still QQ is too strong to fold IMO, soI would raise to $20 and call a shove.

T.
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

very nh sir! You saved yourself 100BB.
      SB has you crushed and MP or CO can wake up with a monster as well.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think I´d at least call. Even if you put SB on KK/AA you still have outs to call and hit your set and I think 33 hands is too small sample to fold there QQ
      You can also 4-bet to 17-18$ and call shove, but if you afraid it would only isolate you against better hands then you should likely just call pf
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I think I´d at least call. Even if you put SB on KK/AA you still have outs to call and hit your set and I think 33 hands is too small sample to fold there QQ
      You can also 4-bet to 17-18$ and call shove, but if you afraid it would only isolate you against better hands then you should likely just call pf
      But isn't our hand face up after a call towards (TT) JJ, QQ?
      If MP or CO shoves and SB folds, we have to fold, too?
      Stats on MP and CO would be nice to know if we can hope for AK for a split.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      MP is VP:19/PR:17/AFq:53/3B:6%/F3B:84% over 4000 hands
      CO is VP:19/PR:16/AFq:86 over 30 hands

Kaitz, you call to hit the set. i.e if there is a low board you fold to any further actions?
      I thought that calling 3B for set value wasnt +EV?
      And as asked aninIII should we fold to further action from MP or CO?
    • LorD231984
      LorD231984
      Black
      Hi,

maybe call, isnt too bad you have position... And if there is a slight possibility he did a squezze with a light 3bet (not much chance) you can try to go for showdown at the minimum value, so you had 3 option i think:

-> if there is no A or K on flop, try to go for SD very cheap...

-> if there is A or K on flop you only call one street, then you can fold for more pressure...

-> if you hit sett, stack off, this is the best option...

But i just have to agree with aninIII most of the time he will crush you with his hand,
      but i just think cos there are a huge amount of dead money, and he only raise 3x what is pretty little 3bet, and you have position, he will likely to pay you off if you hit, cos his range is super strong, so it isnt a bad play to call here, imho, more you should call his 3bet in this spot, i think.

p.s: i suck, i think we was the one who do the pfr, sorry guys : S
      fold isnt so bad here after all...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AninIII
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      But isn't our hand face up after a call towards (TT) JJ, QQ?
      If MP or CO shoves and SB folds, we have to fold, too?
      Stats on MP and CO would be nice to know if we can hope for AK for a split.
      I think players might call that spot also 88 or AQ/AK so he can´t really put us on QQ and play perfectly.
      If MP or CO is shoving I´m calling, since they can shove there AK and sometimes JJ/TT
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      MP is VP:19/PR:17/AFq:53/3B:6%/F3B:84% over 4000 hands
      CO is VP:19/PR:16/AFq:86 over 30 hands

Kaitz, you call to hit the set. i.e if there is a low board you fold to any further actions?
      I thought that calling 3B for set value wasnt +EV?
      And as asked aninIII should we fold to further action from MP or CO?
      Not really. I think I´d at least call once on 458 board and then try to go to showdown. if he barrels turn I decide on his betsize, timing and experience if I put him on KK/AA and fold or shove myself thinking he has there enough times JJ/TT or AK
      On A or K high boards I think I´d fold to bet, since I can´t stand any turn bet