BTN: €75.29
      SB: €118.43 VP:69/PR:23/AFq:60
      BB: €50.00
      Hero (UTG): €85.77

SB posts SB €0.25, BB posts BB €0.50

Pre Flop: (€0.75) Hero has 7:heart: 8:heart:

Hero raises to €2.00, fold, fold, fold, SB calls €1.75, fold

Flop: (€4.50, 2 players) T:heart: 8:diamond: 9:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets €3.00, SB raises to €6.00, Hero raises to €13.00, SB calls €7.00

Turn: (€30.50, 2 players) K:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets €18.00, SB calls €18.00

River: (€66.50, 2 players) Q:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Should I check behind on the turn?
  • 4 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

hmmm, not the best spot this deep.

Villain could easily have QJ, set, 76 or 2pair.
      I'd call on flop and look what villain is doing, because a 69/23 guy won't fold to a min3-bet on flop with AT, JT.
      As played either check behind turn or bet 23-24$ because you represented the nuts on flop.

What did he have?

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I don´t mind 3-bet flop and playing for stacks since you can´t really go wrong with pair and oesfd
      If you think he is going to fold turn his JT type hand then you can bet turn. I think he won´t relaly fold there two pair or set. River check is likely fine. He would likely not call your shove unless he has Jx, but since pot is huge he may also hero call with two pair or set.
      And since you beat a lot of his flushdraws you don´t have to shove river to force out draws
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Is my mistake here not to bet more on the flop?
      Because in the end I dont want to play the turn if it is a blank card since my equity drops dramatically.
      I was ready to shove with pair + oesfd.
      Something like 18 would probably have made him fold AT,JT?

btw he had 67o. So he would have called anyway the 18$ bet but in general?

Also I have a question on the turn: I did bet also to grow the pot in case I hit on the river. Is it bad practice since I probably dont have the equity at this point?
      Because now I actually think that a Check on the turn would have been better getting free card.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      Is my mistake here not to bet more on the flop?
      Because in the end I dont want to play the turn if it is a blank card since my equity drops dramatically.
      I was ready to shove with pair + oesfd.
      Something like 18 would probably have made him fold AT,JT?

btw he had 67o. So he would have called anyway the 18$ bet but in general?

Also I have a question on the turn: I did bet also to grow the pot in case I hit on the river. Is it bad practice since I probably dont have the equity at this point?
      Because now I actually think that a Check on the turn would have been better getting free card.
      Not really sure he´d fold AT/JT to 18$ 3-bet so I like 13$. You can put him enough pressure on the turn that he´d fold these hands to your turn bet.
      I think as strong draws as yours I´d prefer betting turn. I doubt he is going to call now AT or JT and if he can also call with draws. If you check back and he is betting river I think you can´t really call if you miss what happens like 60%. So i like turn bet more than check behind