[NL2-NL10] NL KQ, squeeze gets called

• thorturgutt
      thorturgutt
      Bronze
      opponent is 30/22/9.3 %3bet. this opponent is very loose, and i think KQ is good alot of times vs his range so i decided to make a squeezeplay. how did the hand play out?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

BB ($21.21)
      UTG ($34.35)
      MP ($26.07)
      CO ($18.79)
      Button ($22.40)
      Hero (SB) ($25.10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , K:heart:
      UTG calls $0.25, MP bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10, 1 fold, Hero raises $4.40, 2 folds, MP calls $3.40, 1 fold

Flop: ($10.60) Q:heart: , 8:club: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.75, MP calls $5.75

Turn: ($22.10) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.85 (All-In), MP calls $14.85

River: ($51.80) J:spade: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $51.80
  • 4 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Notice it is the initial raiser who called the 3bet instead of the guy in the middle. Therefore it is quite likely that the initial raiser is trapping with a monster hand, usually AA, to lure CO into the pot.

Flop is fine. On turn after villain call flop just check and hope villain is scared by the turn card and offer a free showdown. Otherwise ch/f cause no worse hand calls a push there.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sad spot really.

Yeahyoung is right about the possibility of KK+ flatting preflop just to get CO to stick around. He's also right that sane players and good lags won't call it off there with a worse hand too often, maybe QJs if they happen to have that and they really believe you're just shoving a draw, that's only 2 combos tho. So well played if he's bad but his stats look decent.

If you're going broke anyway I think I prefer just check/shoving against good lags once you get there, on the off-chance he floated with some draw or weak pair he'll now bet for the hell of it and check it down if he checks behind mostly. If you find the willpower to check/fold because you think not bad enough to call it off with worse when you shove and won't bet worse hands when checked to on the turn it's likely fine as well.

Hope it helps.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Usually KK would not flat at that spot because if an A flopped on a 3-way pot then KK is screwed.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's doable anyway. If you happen to flop an A you play carefully and if not you got what you wanted. Even good players do it sometimes, not to mention other players that really don't even think about what will happen once the flop comes.

Hope it helps.