CO (Hero):
      $6.80
      BU:
      $3.71
      SB:
      $4.40

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, 9.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, BB raises to $1.62,

What do you do with mid-range hands against a small All-In like this? I always feel like they are either on tilt or representing more than they really have by going all in.
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze

What do you do with mid-range hands against a small All-In like this? I always feel like they are either on tilt or representing more than they really have by going all in.
      There is only one way to be sure... ;-)
      I'd fold if it was the first time.
      If he does it constantly, 99 is enough for me to look him up and make a note.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Tough to say in rush, he could have been nitting it up for the last 100 hands or he could have just lost a big pot in the very last hand and we'll never know it.

I'd probably look him up in the lobby quickly to see if he's on multiple tables and if he's not, I'd just take the flip when in doubt as kind of a fish-money collecting move. People often do bullshit like min3betting with KK+ and stuff, chances are he has a random Ax often enough for us to not be doing awful with 99.

If the result is gonna affect your play badly, you might want to just pass on it. I know people that get easily upset over stuff like that if villain randomly flips KK, and then they spend the rest of the session feeling like they have to make up for that "bad call", and end up playing awfully as a result.

Hope it helps.