$3.90
      CO:
      $4.47
      BU:
      $7.21
      SB (Hero):
      $5.39

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, BU raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, BU calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.25) K, 8, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.89

Shove too aggressive here? I was worried about the other guy having KK.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's not like you have many other appealing options. Your hand is pretty much invulnerable and you're only worried about getting value at that point. If he has KK first you're not drawing dead, and second you can't get away anyway so it's no use worrying about it.

The only question is how can get the most value out of worse hands, mostly here it means smaller pairs with a diamond, AK and the other AA that we're freerolling. Hard to say what he'd do with those since he's an unknown, he might call the jam with everything, he might not. He might bet AK/AA for protection when checked to and check behind stuff like QQ with a diamond to hit his flush, then fold if he doesn't.

I'd say on average I'd rather just shove against unknown, since them seeing a blank turn with stuff like JJ/QQ with a diamond might get them to fold their hand and they're pretty much guaranteed not to fold AA/AK regardless.

Hope it helps.