This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

when should i play a higher limit, which now i cant win there?

• Trinchera
      Trinchera
      Bronze
      I analyzed my stats on pokertracker and I have noticed that if I play on higher levels than nl200 I lose. On NL100 my BB/100 is 4.39 in about 150 k hands, on nl200 is 2.41 in about 250 k hands, this means that is much profitable for me to play nl200, well in nl400 is -1.5 in about 60 k hands and on higher levels is much worse. Well, how can I know when should I play nl400, its not only about bankroll, now I have around $29 k and I think its enough for playing nl400 but I fell that I cant be a winner over nl200.
      The last week i won a lot on nl200 and I thought that I had improved my game style so I decided to play nl400 and I lost all I had won in 2 weeks only in 3 days. The question, which I have been wondering a lot is when should I play nl400 or maybe never?
  • 2 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Trinchera!

Where the hell are you playing if you are still a bronze member? Maybe you should choose one of our partner sites. Maybe you are beating NL400 there?! ;)

Just kidding. I recommend that you read books and articles about advanced play and watch some videos from the higher limits. In addition: post hands, post hands, post hands....and discuss them! That is the most important part which a lot of players underestimate. I hope this helps.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      Theres a huge gap between 200NL and 400NL, at 200NL u can win pretty much by playing straight forward. I suggest u stick at 200NL, and take some shots now and then.