Why don't we have a forum for sweat sessions?

• blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      I think we should have one of these. I came up with the idea of making a sweat session with someone but had no partner to do that with. So I thought that many players might also have this very same kind of difficulty.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a forum in which we could open threads saying which limits we play, at what time, our nationality, language and our contact details, as well as the software we would like to use (like skype for communication, mikogo for screen sharing, etc)? This way people could meet online and learn a bit more than by playing all the way by themselves. Each new thread would work like an "ad", in which the player offers himself to play along with someone else. If the players agree, they can make their arrangements and start the session. Quite simple.

It would be enough if we just had a new forum called "Sweat Sessions" and some pre-defined categories for each stake, just like we have in the Hand Evaluation forums.

What do you think? :s_biggrin:
  • 4 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello blackops888,

Thank you for your idea.

At the moment we do not see enough traffic for such a forum.

So I suggest you open a thread in our:
      General Poker Discussion forum

Good luck on the poker tables,
      Hannes
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesZ
      Hello blackops888,

Thank you for your idea.

At the moment we do not see enough traffic for such a forum.

So I suggest you open a thread in our:
      General Poker Discussion forum

Good luck on the poker tables,
      Hannes
      Hey HannesZ. Yes... it is possible that you don't seen enough traffic for such forum in the moment, but I really think that people could begin to give some atention to this idea once they see there is a new frum on the subject. I actually posted this same thread in the General Discussion forum and people were very receptive to it. Take a look:

Why don't we have a forum for sweat sessions?

If this forum goes online and you manage to put it on the news session, people would like the thing and start looking for partners to sweat.
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Hey. I'm up for sweat sessions.
      I'm playing mtt or sng mtt's at ftp but would really benifit from a sweat session, and have played sngs before so can sweat others on that. I played them up to 5.?$ at ftp. But they got under my skin, even though mtt sng is even more variance, I fell I have more impact on them.
      Sweat session forum would be nice. ;D
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey blackops888

The best way to get traction on this idea is to open a thread and publicize it yourself (ie through occasional bumps).

But in all honesty, these types of thread don't get a lot of love. We had a member open sweat session threads in all three variant "General Discussion" threads last year, they all got stickied (and in fact are all still there in the sticky section), and after a couple of months of attempting to get them off the ground, they all died a death. A whole forum dedicated to sweat sessions would be relatively quiet, outside of *maybe* the first week.

If you're really keen on finding sweat partners a thread in the discussion boards (or posts in the existing stickied threads) should stimulate whatever interest there is. At the least you should be able to get a few skype ids out of it.

Best of luck!