First deposit bonus via PokerStrategy

• xxxxGQxxxx
      xxxxGQxxxx
      Bronze
      I have just joined PS and decided to take up the bonus and rake offer on PKR (I normally play on FT).

I was on the live chat help with PKR today to ask where I can track my progress against my bonus release. The assistant told me that, if I did not get enough points to release the full bonus, then I won't get any of the part I had earned to that point!

I deposited $500, so need to earn some stupid figure like 120k points with them. I never intended to get that many points, but obviously want the bonus for the points I earn over the next 60 days (to when the bonus period ends). I deposited an amount which would be sensible for the limit I play (25NL).

Is what the assistant told me correct? Does not sound very customer friendly to me, and sounds like they encourage you to play under-rolled.

GQ
  • 7 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      From what i know of PKR it is correct, No partial bonus :(
    • xxxxGQxxxx
      xxxxGQxxxx
      Bronze
      I presume a PKR representative reviews this forum. Could they please confirm the actual position? If what I was told turns out to be true, could they please explain the reasoning.

Thank you
      GQ
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello xxxxGQxxxx,

I am sorry, but the bonus will be paid out in one go.

If you have opened the account through us, you can read the conditions again in our download guide:
      Download guide PKR

You will also get 30% rakeback, so your play will be rewarded also if you are not able to clear the whole bonus.

I know 120k points sounds a lot, but you will get for every $ in a tournament or SnG 100 points.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • xxxxGQxxxx
      xxxxGQxxxx
      Bronze
      Thanks Hannes.

I have just reread the bit under 'Bonus' on the download page- my bad for not reading that properly. I still can't believe that is the way PKR does it though.

Thanks for the tip on the SNGs.

GQ
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      also a good way I found to get points when I was palying at PKR was to play phase there are very light
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      i made 120k points
      bonus requirement was 160k for $800 and i realised that it will expire in few day so i got to work and grinded for 10 hrs a day. i couldn't play more tables and it surprised me that you can play only 40-50 hands on SH tables in one hour...

therefore - no bonus

i was @ 20% and got to 75% in 3 days, played like 10 hrs/day
      when i contacted support and asked for 1 more day they encouraged me to "put one last big effort" to get as close as possible and then if i would reach 99% they could then be able to pay out partial bonus.

i didn't want to play those last 16 hrs in one go so i lost the bonus.

end of story, no reloads no nothing. very unfriendly chat and no interest in keeping a solid rakemaker (150$ a day at least).

bye bye PKR
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by erptech
      i made 120k points
      bonus requirement was 160k for $800 and i realised that it will expire in few day so i got to work and grinded for 10 hrs a day. i couldn't play more tables and it surprised me that you can play only 40-50 hands on SH tables in one hour...

therefore - no bonus

i was @ 20% and got to 75% in 3 days, played like 10 hrs/day
      when i contacted support and asked for 1 more day they encouraged me to "put one last big effort" to get as close as possible and then if i would reach 99% they could then be able to pay out partial bonus.

i didn't want to play those last 16 hrs in one go so i lost the bonus.

end of story, no reloads no nothing. very unfriendly chat and no interest in keeping a solid rakemaker (150$ a day at least).

bye bye PKR

hm when I play a bonus I usually calculate the days and the points i need to achieve in those days... so I know the average of points I have to make each day... sorry but you cant blame PKR here for not being committed to clear the bonus earlier...