Raises: how much?

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Hey there, I play 6max BSS, and ocassionally FR SSS. Both NL25.
      I was wondering how much are you used to raise to.
      I raise 4bb+1xlimper in SH, and 3bb+1xlimper in FR (considering stacks are 20-50bb, so weaker hands will call me more often, which I can stack off later)

I guess it depends pretty much on what level you're playing, so what about you?
  • 6 replies
    • konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      from BU I raise 3bb, from other positions 4bb.
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      Originally posted by konkey
      from BU I raise 3bb, from other positions 4bb.
      +1
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      from 2-3.5bb
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      why are you raising bigger in SH and smaller in FR tho? I mean generally in FR you play stronger hands then in SH so you'd be more inclined to go more for value there?

I don't play FR anymore but when I played FR I raised 4bb+1 except for late pos where I raised more hands (for stealing) and therefor made it 3bb.

On NL50 SH I raise potsize (which equals 3.5bb) from all positions except BU where I raise 2-3bb depending on the blinds. 4bb from SB because I am oop.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      If you are up against good players... 2.5-3bb

If you are up against 1 or more tardfish... anything goes. Seriously, if the BB is playing 90-5 why should I be limited to 4bb preflop? If a 4-4 nit is in the big blind then I will make a point of min raising his blind, but only if a 90-5 player isn't in the way. Anything goes really. As long as you are thinking about why you are raising the size you choose, you will probably make a good decision.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vonki
      why are you raising bigger in SH and smaller in FR tho? I mean generally in FR you play stronger hands then in SH so you'd be more inclined to go more for value there?

I don't play FR anymore but when I played FR I raised 4bb+1 except for late pos where I raised more hands (for stealing) and therefor made it 3bb.

On NL50 SH I raise potsize (which equals 3.5bb) from all positions except BU where I raise 2-3bb depending on the blinds. 4bb from SB because I am oop.
      because I play with a short stack in FR, and I only play premiums. this way villains are calling with worse hands, and i can stack them later anyway, as i only have 20bb