This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR QQ straight, sick river

• OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      I have seen alot of those moves on the river, and unfortunately never with a bluff, i know flop bet should be at least 3bb more, however I dont think would second barrel there with my gutshot on turn anyway, so the river brings the flush..its absolutely unknown, 3hands i had with him.is this a fold for u aswell guys?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $4.91
      MP1:
      $4.21
      MP2:
      $21.85
      MP3:
      $1.89
      CO:
      $7.72
      BU:
      $4.68
      SB:
      $20.28
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $18.50

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.35, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.35, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.2) J, 5, K (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP2 folds, CO calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.2) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($2.2) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, CO raises to $5.20, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.2.
  • 6 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

preflop: fine although you can make it 4BB but that's just a matter of taste.
      flop: contibet to 0,75-0,80$
      turn: second barrel to 1,4$
      river: either ch/c if he is aggressive or bet 1/2pot if he is passive. If you then are getting raised then I could probably find a fold.

As played: I play bet/call on river. Villain has there a Q himself or 2pair Kx..

Best regards,
      Anin
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      you never ever think that he has a flush there? I really dont see 2 pair raising so big, its just huge and if I recall correctly, I saw like 3bluffs on the river (started bluffing from flop aggresively) in the last month, which is 100k hands.. this was rush btw
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      you never ever think that he has a flush there? I really dont see 2 pair raising so big, its just huge and if I recall correctly, I saw like 3bluffs on the river (started bluffing from flop aggresively) in the last month, which is 100k hands.. this was rush btw
      Of course I think of villain having a backdoor flush here.
      But the probability is relative low + I'm curious calling station ;-)
      => Call as played
      You are right, that a 3-bet on river is nearly never a bluff, but a reraise (2-bet) in position could be a bluff quite easily, because he thinks, that you have air and tries to represent the flush.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      Ye im all fine with that, but if he believes I have air, then why he bets 5x my bet? its too big..i like to call too, but..whenever im curious it seems like im behind, at least 80% of the time, especially on rush..
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree with what AninIII said so far except I'm not calling the river. I don't think he's ever pure bluffing and he could have AQ easily as well instead of just another Qx, not to mention the backdoor flush with a random JhXh hand. We have to call ~$4 to win at best half of the current ~$4 pot, it's just not worth it.

AninIII probably runs way more often into people capable of trying to take you off a chop than you will, so he has metagames considerations that you really don't need to worry about at nl10 fr.

Hope it helps.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      its really rare to see big bluffs on NL10, there are but rare, but on rush, its even more rare to see a pure bluff, almost never see