[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR QQ straight, sick river

• OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      I have seen alot of those moves on the river, and unfortunately never with a bluff, i know flop bet should be at least 3bb more, however I dont think would second barrel there with my gutshot on turn anyway, so the river brings the flush..its absolutely unknown, 3hands i had with him.is this a fold for u aswell guys?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $4.91
      MP1:
      $4.21
      MP2:
      $21.85
      MP3:
      $1.89
      CO:
      $7.72
      BU:
      $4.68
      SB:
      $20.28
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $18.50

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.35, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.35, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.2) J, 5, K (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP2 folds, CO calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.2) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($2.2) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, CO raises to $5.20, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.2.
  • 6 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

preflop: fine although you can make it 4BB but that's just a matter of taste.
      flop: contibet to 0,75-0,80$
      turn: second barrel to 1,4$
      river: either ch/c if he is aggressive or bet 1/2pot if he is passive. If you then are getting raised then I could probably find a fold.

As played: I play bet/call on river. Villain has there a Q himself or 2pair Kx..

Best regards,
      Anin
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      you never ever think that he has a flush there? I really dont see 2 pair raising so big, its just huge and if I recall correctly, I saw like 3bluffs on the river (started bluffing from flop aggresively) in the last month, which is 100k hands.. this was rush btw
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      you never ever think that he has a flush there? I really dont see 2 pair raising so big, its just huge and if I recall correctly, I saw like 3bluffs on the river (started bluffing from flop aggresively) in the last month, which is 100k hands.. this was rush btw
      Of course I think of villain having a backdoor flush here.
      But the probability is relative low + I'm curious calling station ;-)
      => Call as played
      You are right, that a 3-bet on river is nearly never a bluff, but a reraise (2-bet) in position could be a bluff quite easily, because he thinks, that you have air and tries to represent the flush.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      Ye im all fine with that, but if he believes I have air, then why he bets 5x my bet? its too big..i like to call too, but..whenever im curious it seems like im behind, at least 80% of the time, especially on rush..
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree with what AninIII said so far except I'm not calling the river. I don't think he's ever pure bluffing and he could have AQ easily as well instead of just another Qx, not to mention the backdoor flush with a random JhXh hand. We have to call ~$4 to win at best half of the current ~$4 pot, it's just not worth it.

AninIII probably runs way more often into people capable of trying to take you off a chop than you will, so he has metagames considerations that you really don't need to worry about at nl10 fr.

Hope it helps.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      its really rare to see big bluffs on NL10, there are but rare, but on rush, its even more rare to see a pure bluff, almost never see