A question about the starting hands chart (bronze section)

• winmaster76
      winmaster76
      Bronze
      I've been using the advanced hand charts from the bronze section for a few days now, but I am a little confused about one situation. If I am in the big blind, and there is a raise and a call, or even multiple calls before me, which chart should I use: The 'calling/raising with raises and callers in front of you' chart, or the 'big blind defence call/raise chart?

Obviously the big blind chart is a lot more loose in its selection of hands, however it seems to me that many of these hands are going to be better in a heads up situation, especially the offsuit hands, however surely the other chart, 'calling/raising with raises and callers in front of you' doesn't take into account the big blind that you have already paid, and has a much tighter selection.

Basically I'm asking whether I am supposed to be tightening up my hand choice when more people join the hand, especially in terms of the offsuited cards from the big blind, e.g. A7...which chart do I use for this situation of raise+call when in the big blind?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • winmaster76
      winmaster76
      Bronze
      A few other people have asked this question in the comments section of the advanced play before the flop article, so it seems like something that needs to get answered to complete the strategy.
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      in the situation you describe forget the BB defence chart, if you are getting better then 5:1 pot odds in the BB, you can basically call with any 2 suited cards, small pkt prs, and connectors(one gap are also good), as these type of hands play well in a multiway pot.