[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR ATo squeeze

• OZSA
      I find a squeeze is good there, used to work usually, maybe would be better with 20bb 3bet but still...on the flop what is better, 1/2 pot, 2/3 pot, or a check ? after he shoves, I really never believe has anything worse then AQ but rather I'd say AK. also, if I check flop he bets 1/2 or 2/3, what u do ? no history of all from him..

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, T.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.80, 3 folds, BU calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.3) 7, A, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU raises to $10.30, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.3.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      That´s why it is not best to squeeze with AT oop. You don´t really know what to do if you hit your Axx tp hand
      But once you hit your tp hand on drawy board I think b/c is better option than b/f. Don´t think he has there always AQ, he should also 3-bet pf with AK and not really sure he is shoving flop with AJ/AQ. So that leaves either set or two pair or if he is playing his draws aggressively then also a lot of draws.
      Thatś why I like b/c more than b/f. You just have the best hand too many times
    • OZSA
      I know many times its an AK since more people call AK then those who 3bet it. same goes what if u squeeeze with AQ, there is no way normally to fold the flop then?
    • MaestroOfZerg

Being a winning poker player is about trusting yourself first and foremost. So as long as you're not projecting your own play on villains (by that I mean be sure you actually see people calling there with AK/AQ, and not just assume they would because you would), you probably know better than us what to do in that spot based on villain's ranges in your playerpool.

In a vacuum I'd probably agree with you that a lot of player might be playing AK/AQ really bad there preflop and I'm sure they're capable of just jamming the flop with those as soon as they hit top pair for a variety of reasons. "It's drawy!", "Well I got what I wanted so I'm all-in now" and so on.

When I squeeze hands like AT it's usually as a bluff unless opponents are really bad, meaning I don't really expect to get action from worse hands if we get to postflop and I flop a top pair of Aces. Sometimes we can valuebet Tx against pocket pairs and stuff but villains will have JJ-QQ as well which makes it hard to be confident in valuebetting.

On such a board I'd usually check and expect anything worse than AT to check back very often, so I have no problem literally check/folding TPWK in that situation without a read that villain is bad/aggressive enough to show up with a bunch of draws that he will go insane with. If he checks back I'll valuebet the turn against whatever he wants to call with, JJ-QQ probably.

If I do c-bet and get jammed on I have no problem folding either, I don't think people are semibluffing nearly often enough to warrant us "defending" our range in that spot at nl10 fr, especially since they're still drawing live to 8-9 outs if we're ahead whereas we're 3-outing or dead if we're behind.

Hope it helps.
    • OZSA
      after the hand I really wanted to check/fold or check, bet the turn but somehow I bet that flop, I just never expected there a shove, even if they have AK or AQ, I guessed them calling is the wiser move in position. im sure my fold is ok, the only thing they could have is QQ KK and they dont believe my Ace there, but that happends so rarely that I can afford to see if thats the case..