[NL2-NL10] Queens with flush draw on board

• lollujo
      Should I have called the all in? I was getting over 3/1 odds on the call, and I decided there was at least a 30% chance that he could be holding a smaller over pair or just bluffing, which is why I called. I'd be interested to hear what you guys would have done.

Full Tilt - $0.10 NL RUSH - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $6.52
      BTN: $9.13
      SB: $4.35
      BB: $14.13
      Hero (UTG): $28.63
      UTG+1: $12.38
      MP: $28.10
      MP+1: $10.00
      LP: $14.26

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:club: Q:heart:

Hero raises to $0.32, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.32, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.79, 2 players) 5:club: 4:spade: 2:club:
      Hero bets $0.41, BTN raises to $2.02, Hero calls $1.61

Turn: ($4.83, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($4.83, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero bets $2.54, BTN raises to $6.79 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.25
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Considering he only has 90bb so he might be a bad player, I might just decide to get it in on the flop and stack worse overpairs.

As played he raised your flop bet huge, him checking back the scary 9c doesn't mean QQ is ahead and while I doubt he's raising the flop so big with draw too often, chances are he checks the turn with the nut flushdraw a good amount as well in that case.

I'd probably either check to him and see what happens, or blockbet a tad smaller on the off-chance he did that with a random pocket that he can call a river bet with.

When he jams the river it's somewhat awkward since you wouldn't expect a set to do that after checking back the turn, a random pocket pair wouldn't do that either unless villain is insane or it's 77. Usually people are bluffing so rarely you're probably not ahead 30% of the time but it's kinda close and it's rush so whatever, if he looks bad enough to play TT-JJ this way it can't be awful.

Hope it helps.