i'm gonna kill someone

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      The past 3 days have been hell. I'm on full tilt playing $2 6max sng. I got my $50 about 7 weeks ago and was up $170 playing only 2 to 4 games a day. Now that I've decided to put in more volume I can't win a hand.

I've lost more than 10BI to 2 outers. Is this fucking real? Is it normal? I started playing two tables to get some volume in - and I've been as focused as ever.

My ROI went from 34% to 25% in about 15 or 20 games.. wtf

Now I played a multitable tourney just for a change of atmosphere and my AK lost a preflop all in to the fuckin idiot who can't fold a goddamn hand.

is this normal? all the effort i've put in.. all futile.. ?
  • 24 replies
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Yea, sounds pretty standard
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Yes, it's normal, it's the luck factor and you have to accept if you want to play poker without killing someone. Part of it (just part of it) could also be that you may not be paying as much attention to the game and the opponents as you did at first. And I think you're overvaluing AK. For example, AKo vs 85s is only 60/40 in your favour.

It's not all futile though. At this stage, improving your game is more important than winning or losing $20. Make sure you're playing your best and doing what you can to improve and the results will come eventually.

Alternatively, I could make you paranoid by telling you that Full Tilt is rigged but I won.t :P
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Yeah thanks. The AKo was against A9o though which is approximately 70 - 25 and 5% tie. Realistically only three 9s were outs, which is what triggered this thread in the first place.

I was so happy with my results so far, then BAM nothing works out.

oh well, shit happens.
    • Destrux
      Destrux
      Bronze
      Maybe this example will lighten you up:

UTG raises 4BB, everyone fold, i call from BU with a pair of 4's, SB and BB folds.
      Flop is 6 4 6...and im thinking, here it is, gonna skin him alive. He bets full size of the pot, i call. Turn card is 4 !! And im OMFG. He bets full pot again, i call. I dont remember the river card but at that moment its irrelevant. Anyways, he bets again, and this time i double raise him. He goes all in, i call, and im allready smiling...He flips a PAIR OF 6's !!!! I was very close to having to buy a new monitor...Anyways...Shit happens :)
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Destrux
      Maybe this example will lighten you up:

UTG raises 4BB, everyone fold, i call from BU with a pair of 4's, SB and BB folds.
      Flop is 6 4 6...and im thinking, here it is, gonna skin him alive. He bets full size of the pot, i call. Turn card is 4 !! And im OMFG. He bets full pot again, i call. I dont remember the river card but at that moment its irrelevant. Anyways, he bets again, and this time i double raise him. He goes all in, i call, and im allready smiling...He flips a PAIR OF 6's !!!! I was very close to having to buy a new monitor...Anyways...Shit happens :)
      why would you get mad??

its only 1BI

:)
    • Destrux
      Destrux
      Bronze
      Its not about BI, as you say it, its just one BI, but having quads and losing...well, hurts :)
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Thing is that's just one hand. Now if that where to happen 10 times in a row, I don't know who wouldn't destroy his laptop or whatever he plays on.

Yeah that's it, "shit happens" and move on.
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      i lol'd at this one: late in SnG, average-stacked Q9o calls my JJ and makes three nines on turn. it's starting to be funny now
    • royalbulet
      royalbulet
      Bronze
      Well , lots happen in poker , especially with the luck factor. played today . Was SB. UTG+1 raises . I had AQs . I call his raise. Flop 2xA and a 4.
      UTG+1 raise pot size , i call , turn 9. UTG+1 bet pot size i reraise , he all ins , i call. What do you know , he lucked out on turn. had 99 in his hand

:)
      regards,
      Bulet
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17
      The past 3 days
      stopped reading right there
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      Hello heater.....this is reality calling, come down to earth a meet standard poker.....
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      [ ] volume with 2 tables
      [ ] AK preflop = nuts
      [ ] 4444 > 6666
      [ ] JJ > Q9 prefop is 100% nuts
      [x] 34% roi not achievable longterm
      [x] 25 either
      [x] variance

= prepare to lose some more

My advice: quit poker and buy something nice
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      Pretty standard stuff...few days ago lost 25 bi at $2 on Full Tilt (I know my stop-loss limit btw :D ), I hit A high flush, villain hit straight flush, my AA, AK, QQ went broke about 12 times. This doesnt happens often, but when it happens - it's a huge downer in one moment of course. trips, 2-outers from donks and non-donks is quite standard.

btw, I'm +$45 last session despite of this shit I mentioned before (that made my sleeping not really comfortable.)

Keep ur head up!
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Now if sarcasm was a skill, some people on this forum are pretty talented
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ultifanatic
      Hello heater.....this is reality calling, come down to earth a meet standard poker.....

Originally posted by BOBOsvk
      [ ] volume with 2 tables
      [ ] AK preflop = nuts
      [ ] 4444 > 6666
      [ ] JJ > Q9 prefop is 100% nuts
      [x] 34% roi not achievable longterm
      [x] 25 either
      [x] variance

= prepare to lose some more

My advice: quit poker and buy something nice
      What's a maintainable ROI anyway? What should I expect? And wtf is wrong with practicing multitabling by adding one table at a time?
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      its always like this on FT, in the beginning its going good then you cant win a hand, i had 2good weeks in 2009 september, since that, the other period is on, oh yea and dont deposit, makes worse even.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      who should i kill if i lost 93 BI's in last 3 days?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      who should i kill if i lost 93 BI's in last 3 days?
      Nobody, just learn proper BRM...
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17

What's a maintainable ROI anyway? What should I expect? And wtf is wrong with practicing multitabling by adding one table at a time?
      a maintainable ROI....between 0% and 10% is sustainable in the long run, anything about that is usually on the extreme.

As for what YOU should expect, well there are alot of variables. But if you single table, you can expect up to 10%. As you add tables, expect it it to drop but your $/hr will go up until you hit your threshold of playing your A game. Then both will start to fall.

And adding 1 table at a time is the BEST way to multitable. Anyone who tells you different is just not smart.