POKEROFFICE 5 review (first time user)

• Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      I like to start off by saying its my first poker tracking software, so I have nothing to base on as far as it being better or worse than other software!

This is purely as a first time user of poker tracking software.

The share volume of features can be a little overwelming for a first time user, so if your not use to dealing with software be ready for lots of features.

First thing you need to look into is make sure the software supports your playing sites. Luckly my deposit is in 888 and its supported, unfortunetly I love playing at EVEREST (dont ask me why! maybe large number of freeroles) and it is not supported. So make sure your site is supported by this software. POKERSTARS, FTL, partypoker are supported, but there are a few suprises so make sure your main playing site is supported.

There are a lot of settings that you can manualy adjust, but since I am first time user I am keeping it on default!

The table overlay is a little annoying, but only because I am not used to seeing it there.
      I find that I have to keep looking at the reference layout to remember what numbers represent what.

It has lots of graphs that only become usefull after you been using it more than 3 days like I have.

It rates you as a player, so you get direct feedback on the type of player you are.

The only thing that I am not really liking is......they dont seem to keep in mind that there are first time users and they should give a more detailed starters manuel, then they have presently.
      My suggestion would be a getting started video. One that would help first time users get started...

Over all It has helped me make some decisions easier, based on the player tracking numbers it keeps for me.

I will hopefully be able to give you a more detailed review in about 2 or 3 weeks. Once I fully start using the software like its desiners meant it to be used.

Reason why I bought this software and not other, mostly based on some reviews i read. In the end software is like anything else, wether you like it or not will depend on your personal preferences and if it meets your expectations.

Maybe some other forum members have had more experiences with this software would like to share their 2 cents worth!
  • 3 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Any tracking software without a trial or that has a yearly subscription is a rip-off.

Ergo, Poker Office is a double rip-off.

Enjoy paying for it again next year.
    • Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      Where were you when I asked for any advice for what software to get!
      grrrrrrrrrr!
      Just will have to make up the money I threw away at the tables then!
      BUT for an extra100 dollars i can buy a 3 year license! LOL

But has not windows gotten us used to paying more money for the same software every couple of years...and its is only slightly better than the last version!
      or better yet ANTI virus software....dont get me started on that rip off!
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Monarc2010
      Where were you when I asked for any advice for what software to get!
      The PT3 vs HEM debate has been beat to death all over the internet. To be honest I'm surprised that PokerStrategy even carries Poker Office in their store. I guess money is more important than integrity.

Originally posted by Monarc2010
      But has not windows gotten us used to paying more money for the same software every couple of years...and its is only slightly better than the last version!
      Since me and myself are my business I have to buy my own copy of Windows. I have never felt slighted and I own two very legal Macs as well. Some days I wish I could pay for a better operating system to put on my Mac!

Originally posted by Monarc2010or better yet ANTI virus software....dont get me started on that rip off!
      A thinking user can easily go without. It's the thoughtless ones that need the protection.

Microsoft has a free one now for legal Windows users. So at least you don't have to shell out to two masters anymore. :D