[NL2-NL10] AQ squeeze

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I was using PT3 when I was playing and the stats for MP2 were different, I only had 12 hands which I played this session with him and he had something like 8/8, only played one hand which didn't go to showdown, don't remember if he won.
      That's weird cause I had my db imported and the stats from Elephant should be the same, as they are for BU but...

(Can anyone tell me how to post hands directly from PT3 so I don't use Elephant anymore?)

I wasn't very concentrated this hand. What do you think?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $21.36
      MP2:
      $21.16
      BU:
      $11.53

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , Q:club:
      MP2 raises to $0.35, 2 folds, BU calls $0.35, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.10, MP2 calls $0.75, BU calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.35) 9:club: , Q:spade: , 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, MP2 calls $1.80, BU folds.

Turn: ($6.95) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, MP2 raises to $18.26 (All-In), Hero calls $14.26.

River: ($43.47) 8:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $43.47
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it takes a hand as strong as AQ to shove over on that turn card when deep, or at least some big combodraw like KcJc which most people will still just call with or plain wouldn't call preflop. Maybe he plays AcKc like that and he's bad enough to jam the turn with it not sure, I'd think most players would again just call but maybe he thinks he's freerolling you or something.

I'd probably just dump it, it's not worth jazzing the chop against AQ when he can possibly have AA/QQ/99 as well there, which make up for more combo then just the occasional AcKc bad play. I think he'll just flip a set too often.

Hope it helps.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      So no remarks about the squeeze?

I thought he had a combodraw. I think AA and 99 is a bit less likely cause he would have raised me on the flop, imo. If I had a Q he'd want to get more value...maybe, charging more for the fd as well. On the turn I was very unsure but I was getting 2:1 and figured he might have AK, maybe AJ, and a fd or AQ so I called. He had AcTc.

After the hand I felt bad...yes, should have folded. But if we weren't deep I wasn't folding, right?
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Squeeze size way too small OOP and against another deep stack. Make it $2. And you will find, in the long run, the extra 7bb you spend here can save you a load of money.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

They're both tags so they're usually not calling with too much stuff if you make it huge, which I guess is good as a "3bet and hope they fold" move.

When you're deep however, people will talk themselves into calling a lot wider and be less inclined to just fold to a c-bet if they flop anything even remotely resembling a hand. So you end up making a huge pot out of position with a hand that will not flop anything strong 2/3 of the time. I'm not saying it's unprofitable, but it will put you in a lot more gross spots for a lot more money than you might be comfortable with. In that sense I don't mind keeping the preflop 3bet size somewhat manageable so that you have a bit of room to play those "well I have nothing, now what do I do out of position on that turn?" spots. I'd probably go up to $1.4.

Hope it helps.