This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Aa Nl5

• enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $4.54
      BB:
      $5.40
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $5.00
      UTG2:
      $6.16
      MP1:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $4.75
      MP3:
      $7.70
      CO:
      $7.19
      BU:
      $15.14

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.20, 6 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.45) Q, 6, K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.35, SB calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.15) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.15) T (2 players)
      SB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

Final Pot: $2.65.

flop i c-bet, nothing special.
      On the flop, villain's flat made me very suspicious. There are not a lot of hands that c/c this flop. Maybe only something like JT or slowplayed monster. I think he c/r his TP sort of hands normally in this spot to see where he's at.
      On the turn i decide to go for pot control, if im c/r im likely to be fucked, and my hand reduces his chances of catching if he's on a draw. So i preferred to induce a bet from worst hands or bluffs.
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Calling flop cbet is pretty standard as we don't expect reasonable players to donk out with top pair or second pair here or c/r you and isolate himself against top of your range that may beat his QJ/KJ type of hands.
      I would bet turn. He may have Qx/Kx he will definitely call with, so I would hate myself if I miss value from those hands.

Overall this seems like good betting spot to me without need to get fancy.

Good luck!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agreed. If he check/raises the turn with AJ/AT/JT good for him, I just don't think this happens often enough to warrant us missing value from any and all Qx/Kx hands that will call again on the turn.

On the river if we follow your thought process he can't have Kx and he can't be bluffing since AJ/AT/JT made a straight or a pair, so do we fold when he bets 3/4 pot (which really doesn't look like a random merge with Qx/Tx?) ? :p

Hope it helps.