No point in multi-tabling?

• Vepof
      Vepof
      Bronze
      Well, i've read some books and there is something i realized....and....it turns me to a doubt:

What is the point to play like 10 tables at the same time, IF you can't just maximixe probabilities unless you are very lucky or has dealt with devil...?
      I mean, playing 10 tables at same time will get you to have more hands played at the end of the session, BUT your profit won't change.

If you play more, you gain more, you lose more.
      You play less hands, you win less, you also lose less...

So, whats the point? get rid of bore?
  • 6 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      If you have an edge then more tables = more money. This is the point of multi tabling.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      edit HannesZ: answer removed - spam
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      To an extent it's a trade-off. You want to play as many hands as possible to beat variance and maximise your earnings, but you don't want to play so many tables that you struggle to play profitably.

There is an optimum amount of tables for everyone. For some, especially newer players it will be 1-2 tables. For others, content with a smaller edge over a larger sample size of hands, it may even be up to 24 tables.

I would imagine most play somewhere between 3-6 tables. There is nothing wrong with playing just 1 table until you are a lot more familiar with the game.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Vepof,

We have an article plus video about multitabling, where the advantages and disadvantages are explained:

Article: The perfect introduction to multi-tabling
      Video: The perfect introduction to multitabling

Good luck on the tables,
      Hannes
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well if your a bad player then playing more tables means losing more obviously. And if your a good player that has an edge on the specific limit you will obviously make more money.

There's also rake back to consider, so in case your playing lets say NL100 and you can make 50$ per hour playing 4tables and 50$ per hour playing 12 tables you will make more money trough rakeback in the #2 option.

Your winrate obviously drops when playing more and more tables but some people are happy playing breakeven on NL100 since you can easily live off rakeback if you play 24 tables. That still no good if you cant handle playing that many table and your losing money.
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      Personally i've only started multi tabling for 9 days today i think, since i joined this community and got my starting capital.

Before this i did single tables because i could only put on $10 because as a poor student thats all i could afford and wanted to make it last longer.

But when you have a decent sized br of $50 + doing micro stake sngs like me i think multi tabling has many benefits.
      1. You earn more money faster if your a winning player at that limit (not advisable to do if your a loosing player)
      2. You don't have time to tilt. I have been playing 4 tables and because you just need to shake off any bad beats and move on to the next hand multi tabling helps with this
      3. You have a higher volume of games- you learn more because you experience more. with 4 tables i have 4X the amount of experience i would of had in the same amount of time

Personally i think these are reason enough to play multi tables. This site also teaches you to play properly and thus you will become a winning player so if you study enough and are willing to learn and play the correct way you will in the long run have a better roi and be a better player. For example if you got your money in correct and you lost- it doesn't mean your playing bad. Poker is about correct decisions not results orientated, if you make the right decisions your results will follow- and doing this on multi tables will bring you in a nice bankroll :) Anyway i hope this helped. Also god videos that were posted before i watched that before i started multing :)