Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.83
      MP2:
      $4.93

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , T:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.22) K:spade: , T:diamond: , A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, MP2 calls $0.12.

I had a hand earlier against him, where I bet half the pot, but folded later. That's why I bet this little, instead of $0.18 or so.

Turn: ($0.46) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP2 raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.20, MP2 calls $0.60.

River: ($2.86) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero ?

How much should I bet?
      At that time, he was 97/1.1 and I saw him call an allin with a pair of threes.

Final Pot: $2.86
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      I think you can bet more on flop and turn when you know he's a fish. He isn't going to be paying too much attention to your bet sizes so raise higher for value. At these limits it generally works.

Come river,we can ignore the backdoor flush and keep trying to extract value from Ax here probably, so just bet like 2bb under pot on the end. All he'll see is that it's under pot, so he'll be calling with anything that'd call down half pot bets too probably. I wouldn't really fault an all in shove here either, because his WTS is so high. No need to bet small or check to induce a bluff raise i don't think.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by fryandspicy
      I think you can bet more on flop and turn when you know he's a fish. He isn't going to be paying too much attention to your bet sizes so raise higher for value. At these limits it generally works.

Come river,we can ignore the backdoor flush and keep trying to extract value from Ax here probably, so just bet like 2bb under pot on the end. All he'll see is that it's under pot, so he'll be calling with anything that'd call down half pot bets too probably. I wouldn't really fault an all in shove here either, because his WTS is so high. No need to bet small or check to induce a bluff raise i don't think.
      This sounds ok, tho it's hard to tell without having played with the guy. People inclined to overplaying top pairs usually just raise the flop, so when they minraise the turn it's quite often because either they had something worth slowplaying, or the turn changed something for them.

Once you get to the river that way you don't really have a choice tho, check/calling it off sucks becaus he might check behind hands you beat and you don't know that he'll try to represent the flush. You can't really check/fold either when you could be ahead and he could bet worse hands for no reason. So really, you just have to jam and hope fryandspicy was right about villain having a lot of Ax hands in that spot ;) .

Hope it helps.