wow its worth checking out small poker rooms <_<

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      not gonna throw any names around, but as topic, I think its worth hunting around for the smaller poker rooms. I just registered for a $2k GTD turbo MTT, and it only has 25 runners. buyin is $15+1.50, and theres 6 mins of registration time left. epic win.

they would need to have 126 entrants to break even on the prize pool.

massive overlay :s_cool:

@offtopic, soft MTTs ftw also. playing a small rebuy MTT at same site, and am chip leader on final table. its ridic how bad these players are :f_biggrin:
  • 3 replies
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      can you tell me quitely what the room was?

or a website where there is a list of trustworthy small rooms
      ;)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Yes, there are some good smaller platforms out there.

You do have to be a little careful though, the smaller ones don't always have the same financial stability as the more established players (especially if they continue to provide so much overlay :D ).

It's all about getting a balance between value, traffic, fishyness (is that even a word?), software, variety of games etc etc.

Don't forget that PokerStrategy have a lot of the smaller platforms as partners and they have been specifically chosen due to finanical stability, user playability etc. There are also some great value PokerStrategy rake races going on at the moment too.

Best regards,

Bart
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      thats a pretty poor business model with having under serviced tournaments :/