This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK vs 5-bet Reg

• DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $5.86
      SB: $2.46
      BB: $2
      Hero (UTG): $5
      UTG+1: $4.90
      MP1: $11.57
      MP2: $5.96
      CO: $15.47

Pre-Flop: K:diamond: K:spade: dealt to Hero (UTG)
      Hero raises to $0.25, 4 folds, BTN raises to $0.65, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.15, BTN raises to $5.50

Hi everyone,

I'm against a known tag regular.. I see him 3-betting me w/ QQ+, AK (and maybe slightly looser).. but when I 4-bet and he 5-bet, his range would heavily go towards KK+.. He is aware of my taggish approach..

Am I correct to fold if I believe his 5-bet range is only KK+, and I don't get pot odds of 22% or less (when going AI) since KK vs KK+ is 22,618% vs 77,382% underdog ? and How much would u 4-bet here to make a comfortable fold to a 5-bet ?

Any feedback is highly appreciated..
  • 4 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      If you are 100% positive his range is KK+ here then a fold might be correct. However would you be truly shocked if he showed up with QQ or AK here? I can't see too many 5nl regs folding those for 100bb.

Also, If you think his 5bet shoving range is only KK+, why are you 4betting? Since in that case you are turning your hand into a bluff. Maybe consider flatting if you think he 3bet/folds QQ and AK to extract value postflop from those but won't get max value preflop anyway.
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8

Also, If you think his 5bet shoving range is only KK+, why are you 4betting? Since in that case you are turning your hand into a bluff. Maybe consider flatting if you think he 3bet/folds QQ and AK to extract value postflop from those but won't get max value preflop anyway.
      I'm really trying to be objective and I still honestly believe that this is one of those known tight regulars where I can pegged him for having KK+ as a 5-betting range..

Well, If I don't 4-bet here, I'm still guessing postflop OOP on a low-board where I stand with my hand vs a QQ+ range if I don't 4-bet..

Hopefully, judge can help .. :O

Thx anyway..
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Well, calling the 3-bet OOP, when the board comes low and dry it's an easy push. ;)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DonCorleone369
      Originally posted by wasy8

I'm really trying to be objective and I still honestly believe that this is one of those known tight regulars where I can pegged him for having KK+ as a 5-betting range..

Well, If I don't 4-bet here, I'm still guessing postflop OOP on a low-board where I stand with my hand vs a QQ+ range if I don't 4-bet..

Hopefully, judge can help .. :O

Thx anyway..
      basically with KK you can´t really get away
      If your eally 4-bet only with KK/AA then you can consider just calling his 3-bet also with KK/AA and play for stacks postflop if you hit overpair
      You keep his 3-bet range wider and he would also stack off ligther
      Once you 4-bet you can´t really fold, since I think players would still shove there AK and QQ, if you don´t think they do that then just call pf oop and play postflop. No point really put in a lot of money pf with KK and to find out you´re supposed to be against aces
      Edit: right now you can´t really 4-bet and fold to shove and correct 4-bet size where you can consider folding is about 22% of your affective stack, but since you opened 5x and he made it 3.5x you can´t really now 4-bet/fold any more