BTN: $5.86
      SB: $2.46
      BB: $2
      Hero (UTG): $5
      UTG+1: $4.90
      MP1: $11.57
      MP2: $5.96
      CO: $15.47

Pre-Flop: K:diamond: K:spade: dealt to Hero (UTG)
      Hero raises to $0.25, 4 folds, BTN raises to $0.65, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.15, BTN raises to $5.50

Hi everyone,

I'm against a known tag regular.. I see him 3-betting me w/ QQ+, AK (and maybe slightly looser).. but when I 4-bet and he 5-bet, his range would heavily go towards KK+.. He is aware of my taggish approach..

Am I correct to fold if I believe his 5-bet range is only KK+, and I don't get pot odds of 22% or less (when going AI) since KK vs KK+ is 22,618% vs 77,382% underdog ? and How much would u 4-bet here to make a comfortable fold to a 5-bet ?

Any feedback is highly appreciated..
  • 4 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      If you are 100% positive his range is KK+ here then a fold might be correct. However would you be truly shocked if he showed up with QQ or AK here? I can't see too many 5nl regs folding those for 100bb.

Also, If you think his 5bet shoving range is only KK+, why are you 4betting? Since in that case you are turning your hand into a bluff. Maybe consider flatting if you think he 3bet/folds QQ and AK to extract value postflop from those but won't get max value preflop anyway.
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8

Also, If you think his 5bet shoving range is only KK+, why are you 4betting? Since in that case you are turning your hand into a bluff. Maybe consider flatting if you think he 3bet/folds QQ and AK to extract value postflop from those but won't get max value preflop anyway.
      I'm really trying to be objective and I still honestly believe that this is one of those known tight regulars where I can pegged him for having KK+ as a 5-betting range..

Well, If I don't 4-bet here, I'm still guessing postflop OOP on a low-board where I stand with my hand vs a QQ+ range if I don't 4-bet..

Hopefully, judge can help .. :O

Thx anyway..
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Well, calling the 3-bet OOP, when the board comes low and dry it's an easy push. ;)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DonCorleone369
      Originally posted by wasy8

I'm really trying to be objective and I still honestly believe that this is one of those known tight regulars where I can pegged him for having KK+ as a 5-betting range..

Well, If I don't 4-bet here, I'm still guessing postflop OOP on a low-board where I stand with my hand vs a QQ+ range if I don't 4-bet..

Hopefully, judge can help .. :O

Thx anyway..
      basically with KK you can´t really get away
      If your eally 4-bet only with KK/AA then you can consider just calling his 3-bet also with KK/AA and play for stacks postflop if you hit overpair
      You keep his 3-bet range wider and he would also stack off ligther
      Once you 4-bet you can´t really fold, since I think players would still shove there AK and QQ, if you don´t think they do that then just call pf oop and play postflop. No point really put in a lot of money pf with KK and to find out you´re supposed to be against aces
      Edit: right now you can´t really 4-bet and fold to shove and correct 4-bet size where you can consider folding is about 22% of your affective stack, but since you opened 5x and he made it 3.5x you can´t really now 4-bet/fold any more