No good cards !

• domnuasu
      domnuasu
      Bronze
      Hello

I think something happened to you all, play play play and then stop, do not get any good cards (playable cards) and I'm not referring only to a certain table but to an entire session (8-10 tables)
      What are you doing when this happens?? I stop for a while!
  • 10 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      a lot more hands look playable when drunk
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      yeah cards are a lot like females
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      yeah cards are a lot like females
      You mean there is no such thing as trash cards just not enough alcohol? ;)
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Don't position, stack size and image matter at least as much as hand strength? Ooops, no that's women too. Sorry.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      Don't position, stack size and image matter at least as much as hand strength? Ooops, no that's women too. Sorry.
      as long as you end up all in you can't lose.

except for herpes.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      as long as you end up all in you can't lose.

except for herpes.
      Herpes! That's soooo 1980's. :D
    • neznanec21
      neznanec21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by domnuasu
      Hello

I think something happened to you all, play play play and then stop, do not get any good cards (playable cards) and I'm not referring only to a certain table but to an entire session (8-10 tables)
      What are you doing when this happens?? I stop for a while!
      With all those useful comments on the side; here's a useless one: you wait. A session of 8-10table ring game usually lasts round 2-3hours, round 2.5-3k hands, if you get the feeling that you're only getting trash cards like 92, T4 and you're getting frustrated, take a break, it's usually when you're gonna try and get yourself to think no cards? just gonna have to lower my standards then. That's wrongful thinking, you're playing cash games, not tourney, which means you can wait for good cards to come your way and when they do play em to the best of your abilities. :f_thumbsup:
    • domnuasu
      domnuasu
      Bronze
      Thanks for answer neznanec21
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Don't position, stack size and image matter at least as much as hand strength?
      More useful now?
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      although, taking a break doesn't really help with the cards. It can sure help you resist playing worse cards then you should, but the probability that you will run just as cold in 2-3 hours or even 2-3 days is just as 'big' as if you continue playing on the spot.

It's not the first nor the last cold run you will ever experience in your life so just get used to it I would say. Use the time for something else when you're not getting any playable hands, such as studying your opponents. Watch their play, try to put them on a hand and tap yourself on the shoulder and be happy every time you guessed somewhat close. Try to find patterns, and use them as best you can when you evetually do get something playable.