Hero (MP): $2.03
      CO: $1.84
      BTN: $1.62
      SB: $2.03
      BB: $3.11
      UTG: $2.48

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.57, 2 players) 3:heart: 3:club: 9:spade:
      BB bets $0.41, fold

BB wins $0.55
  • 2 replies
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      He is 3-betting out of position for 3,5x so it tells me he's probably good player. I would put him on JJ+ AK range, and against this range it's a fold for me.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Oly0909
      He is 3-betting out of position for 3,5x so it tells me he's probably good player. I would put him on JJ+ AK range, and against this range it's a fold for me.
      Sounds fair.

A more complicated, but sometimes better alternative is actually to call, because you're in position. I guess you could sum it up this way:

- You'll outdraw QQ-JJ (and KK if you flop an A) sometimes and usually they won't be too inclined to screw around on Khigh(/Ahigh) boards, so you can get some quick value out of them by checking back your top pair and betting later streets.

- Sometimes he'll have AK as well and take a c-bet flop check/fold rest line when he whiffs so you can take him off a chop by betting the turn or checking back the turn and betting the river.

- Or better yet he'll see an ugly flop like T98 2t or something and check/fold it, all you have to do is bet when checked to. Do not try to take that to the next level and represent a monster when he c-bets these boards indicating he has an overpair or a big draw, you can make them fold nothing, you can't really make them fold something.

- If you get extreme action against your TPTK you're usually splitting/dead so there is nothing wrong with folding the turn once you realize that.

Hope it helps.