UTG+1: $0.45
      MP: $0.95
      MP+1: $2.30
      LP: $2.00
      Hero (CO): $2.17
      BTN: $1.99

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:diamond: Q:club:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, LP calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, fold, fold, LP calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.29, 2 players) J:club: 5:diamond: K:club:
      LP bets $0.14, Hero raises to $0.42, LP calls $0.28

Turn: ($1.13, 2 players) 4:spade:
      LP checks, Hero bets $0.70, LP calls $0.70

River: ($2.53, 2 players) 2:club:
      LP checks, Hero checks
  • 2 replies
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Pretty often I play it the same way only bet smaller on turn (like a half pot) and I still don't know is it OK or not :f_confused:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop and flop are fine obviously.

Turn is hard to say without reads.

You're usually not making him fold much on the turn that he bet/called with on the flop except maybe a J or a small draw if he has any idea what he's doing, which often he won't.

The flip side is that you're sometimes ahead of draws anyway so you're actually barreling for value kind of, and depending on how good your grasp of villain's game is, it might be better to

- bet turn call river donk on a blank : villain is very cally and capable of bluffing busted draws but unlikely to "valuebet thin" at all, making his river donking range really skewed towards slowplayed monsters and tons of busted draws.

- bet turn fold to river donk on a blank : villain is very call but usually not bluffing busted draws and incapable of valuebetting thin / merging crap into a river bet.

- check turn call river donk on a blank : villain will often fold everything you beat on the turn but he's usually inclined to bluff after a check that he perceives as weakness.

- check turn fold to river donk on a blank : villain will often fold everything you beat on the turn and he's not aggressive enough to bluff the river with busted stuff.

All of these are pretty damn close to one another and impossible to choose from against unknowns, so just pick one at random and see what happens. I usually check back the turn to keep the pot a bit smaller so that I can call the river for cheap, sometimes I just catch a bluff, sometimes I get owned but not for much and I get some information on villain's lines.

Hope it helps.