This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 77 on the BTN

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $2.00
      Hero (BTN): $3.20
      SB: $4.73
      BB: $2.37
      UTG: $2.32
      UTG+1: $2.23
      MP: $1.42

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 7:club: 7:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, SB raises to $0.24, fold, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.50, 2 players) T:spade: A:club: T:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.24, SB calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.98, 2 players) 7:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB calls $0.60

River: ($2.18, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      SB bets $0.64, Hero raises to $2.12 and is all-in, SB calls $1.48
  • 2 replies
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Bronze
      I don't understand why do you bet on flop? He 3-betted you preflop and checked on flop, so he's probably on JJ-KK, and I don't think he's folding here often enough to bluff bet (with AK/AQ/AJ he would probably contibet), or he has AA so he's slowplaying full house and giving you chance to catch something. Since he gives you a free card, I think you should better take it, or am I wrong here?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Oly0909
      I don't understand why do you bet on flop? He 3-betted you preflop and checked on flop, so he's probably on JJ-KK, and I don't think he's folding here often enough to bluff bet (with AK/AQ/AJ he would probably contibet), or he has AA so he's slowplaying full house and giving you chance to catch something. Since he gives you a free card, I think you should better take it, or am I wrong here?
      Depends what Hero intended to do on a blank turn. He's basically bluffing on the flop except it has virtually no chance of folding out any better hand right away, so if he doesn't follow up with a turn bet to continue representing something that crushes KK-JJ, you're right that betting the flop to begin with would be useless. If he does follow it up with a turn bet, then it becomes a pretty decent play assuming villain wouldn't check/call AJ-AK on the flop.

River is somewhat gross and depends on lots of things we don't know about villain's ranges preflop and on the flop. If he can 3-bet some Tx hands other than TT preflop he's likely to play them like that sometimes which warrants us felting the river. If he can check/call AK type hands on the flop same thing. If you don't think he does either of those things, then really you're looking at funkily played TT/AA quite a bit in my opinion.

Overall since his preflop 3bet size isn't stellar and neither is his river valuebet size, best guess I'd say is t hat he's bad enough to check/call top pairs on the flop for the hell of it sometimes, so I wouldn't try and two barrel 77, but I would jam the river as played.

Hope it helps.