[NL2-NL10] NL10 97, struggling with combo draw

• Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      ***** Hand History for Game 2435608979 ***** (IPoker)
      $10.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Saturday, September 18, 01:31:38 ET 2010
      Table Cuhap (Real Money)
      Seat 5 is the button
      Seat 1: letsflip4rolls1 ( $16.73 USD )
      Seat 3: fevil dish ( $11.74 USD )
      Seat 5: Piters1990 ( $13.74 USD )
      Seat 6: hellshammer ( $11.02 USD )
      Seat 8: Demsen ( $10.00 USD )
      Seat 10: kevb16 ( $20.12 USD )
      hellshammer posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
      Demsen posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Piters1990 [ 9 :heart: 7 :diamond:]
      kevb16 calls [$0.10 USD]
      letsflip4rolls1 folds
      fevil dish calls [$0.10 USD]
      Piters1990 raises [$0.55 USD]
      hellshammer folds
      Demsen folds
      kevb16 folds
      fevil dish calls [$0.45 USD]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ 6 :diamond: , 5 :diamond: , 9 :diamond: ]
      fevil dish checks
      Piters1990 bets [$1.01 USD]

Villain: 32/4/0.8 on 224h sample, the fish that's not letting off his 2nd-3rd pair to flop re-raise.

I'm not really sure about my game plan here. As played, i planned to play it as a made hand for value, not sure if going broke on any river. Afterwards i looked at it and had a question. Doesn't hitting the flush (excluding the 8 :diamond: of course) give me nice reversed implied odds here? Considering that, i might not have so many outs and then maybe the hand should be played more carefully...
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree with you that your 7-high flush sucks no matter how you consider it, if villain check/calls he'll often have some lone big diamond trying to get there, and if this guy check/raises the flop frankly I think you're already in bad shape, tho in this occasion your 7-high flush might be live against some two pair hands or a straight.

There is no real "rule" to deal with those spots, the main factor for me is just how easy to predict villain is. If he's a spazz monkey I'd very much dislike to get raised by a blurry range on that board with that hand so I'm more likely to check behind. If he's a loose passive guy I feel fine reading his actions at face value, extracting value while I'm ahead and shutting down when it looks like he suddenly likes his hand, so more often than not I'll just bet for value and bet the turn as well if it's not a diamond/7/8.

I'd suggest you just pick one line randomly on the flop for a while and treat it as an experiment, just try to play it out and see what happens until you get a good grasp of it.

Hope it helps.