[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Tt

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Hello, the last time I played poker seriously was probably November 2009, then tried to beat NL10. Now I have to remember how to play, so NL2 is enough I guess for a beginning :)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($1.98)
      BB ($0.06)
      CO ($0.59)
      BTN ($2.50)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: T:spade:

CO raises to $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, Hero raises to $0.19, BB calls $0.04 (AI), fold, BTN calls $0.13

FLOP ($0.50) J:heart: 2:heart: 2:club:

Hero bets $0.37, BTN calls $0.37

TURN ($1.24) J:heart: 2:heart: 2:club: 3:club:

Hero bets $0.70, BTN calls $0.70

RIVER ($2.64) J:heart: 2:heart: 2:club: 3:club: 5:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.24 (AI), Hero calls $0.72 (AI)

Preflop I had to raise more, miscalculated.
      Flop - cbet because there are worse hands that can call - small pocket pairs, flushdraws.
      Turn again - I have to protect agaist flushdraw.
      River - I call a bet because he can bluf with busted draw (from strategy articles I remember - bet on the river is rarely a bluff so not very likely he has busted draw). River - 2.64 + 0.72 + 0.72 = 4.08
      0.72 is 18 %, I have to win 18% of the time with this hand.

If I can put him on flushdraw, 99 and also other hands that I can't beat then I got 26% equity. But I don't know if I can put him on flushdraw.

Edit: is there a way to add comments on hands in holdme manager like in elephant?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree that you need to raise more preflop, but do be careful not to make it too big, to allow CO to reopen the action if he does jam, because if him shoving locks up the pot it's really gross for your TT when BU comes along and you get to see a bloated pot out of position 3-way in a protected pot. You'd much rather be able to 3bet/shove if BU sticks around by coldcalling CO's jam. Nobody cares about BB obviously he's just super short.

I like your line postflop, I'd probably bet slightly smaller on flop and turn, since the range of made hands we're trying to get calls from are usually very weak and it's increasingly likely as he calls down for him to have a J as well. On the river as played you don't have a choice with the odds you get you have to check/call if he's ever capable of shoving busted draws. Depending on what type of player he is he can also shove a J, or not.

As for HEM, you can "mark" hands to find them more easily but I don't think you can comment on them, not sure tho.

Hope it helps.