[NL2-NL10] KQs on SB

• utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Opp 43/30 agg 2.9. he isn't the fish one, but kind of aggresive. need some thoughts about this hand. :) it sucks that I'm commited on turn :(

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $9.61
      BB:
      $25.53
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $26.59
      BU:
      $33.37

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, K.
      3 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1) Q, 3, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $2.00, BB calls $1.40.

Turn: ($5) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.40, BB raises to $12.50, Hero calls $3.69.

River: ($24.59) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $24.59.
  • 4 replies
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Why complete on the SB? Against such agressive player i would raise/call here. After that, flop is a certain c-bet and aggainst an aggro player i think we can bet/call and check back the turn afterwards. If he continues betting big, i might consider folding this hand then, although if i have reads, that he is overly agressive then maybe i could find a call or a shove here.
      As played, i think that the check/raise could be an option here to get a clue where we stand in this hand. Continuing on the turn is a mistake IMO. If he is aggro and not the fishiest player, then he is opening almost ATC against you here. Judging by his betsizing it could be a monster, or maybe not. I think, that after the call on the flop we should check and maybe even check/fold the turn, because betting here, firstly commits us and it isolates us against stronger hands.

Correct if anything wrong... :f_biggrin:

And remember! NEVER complete on the SBvsBB. You are out of position, have no information on the villains hand and are inclined to get into a tough spot postflop if you hit your hand and get played back.
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Yes I agree that complete in sb/call was the first mistake. But if we forget that and think on the hand as played.. So my thoughts would be:
      first mistake again aggro is check/raise flop. cos 1) he's unlikely to fold right on the flop. 2) I'm oop and that sucks always. cos if I c/raised him I must bet turn( right?) on the turn he raised me and its obvious he has something :D but problem is that i'm commited, is it right to fold on the turn? the only range I beat is JJ-77,KQ,QJ,JT(unlikely due to the raise on the turn), I dont see any other cards that he could have as he played. And I'm beated against AA-QQ,AQ, 3x,22(less likely).

So waiting for more responses. :)
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Why you must bet turn if you check/raised the flop? The bet on the turn, as played here, does more harm than good. By the way you play it, we're commited to the pot almost always when we hit TPGK and these hands, when played in such a way can loose you a tons of money. We can go for check/call if the turn bet is small and check/fold if he shows great amount of stength. Again, i could make some mistakes analyzing this hand as played, because the complete isn't a line you usually take...

Hope it's right. :f_grin:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would prefer raise/calling that hand pf, against complete maniac you can even 4-bet that hand for value and call shove
      postflop play: if you think he´d go crazy there with just top pair hand then c/r flop for value and bet/calling turn is fine but since he very often has there air, then I´d likely take c/c calldown mode to let him bluff all his air hands. he can ofcourse b/c flop and shove turn with air, but mostly he is just c-bet/folding flop