$50.00
      BU:
      $62.20
      SB (Hero):
      $50.00
      BB:
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      MP3 raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4.50, BB folds, MP3 calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9.5) Q, A, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, MP3 calls $6.00.

Turn: ($21.5) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $10.50, Hero calls $10.50.

River: ($42.5) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $22.50, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $42.5.

Villan is 47/27/2.6/27 VP/PFR/AF/WTS
      Ace on turn made me hard to belive that he holds an ace, but another bet would kinda commit me ...
      Help?
  • 2 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I would 3b a little more since you are out of position - $5 or even $5.50. (You want to make him pay to call you with Ax :) )

Ace on turn made me hard to belive that he holds an ace

I agree with your logic. But in general, (unless you are trying to induce bets from aggressive opponent) if you are thinking of calling bet you should make one yourself instead.

If you don't bet the turn, you hand the initiative over to your opponent and he might even make you fold the best hand like if he has TT/JJ etc. That's okay, because I don't think it's too much of a mistake to just check/fold the turn here.

But I do think you shouldn't check/call the turn and check/fold the river. If you check/call the turn is because you think villain might be bluffing. So then, by that logic you should check/call the River as well. I don't really like that as you are just guessing and you still don't know what to do on the River if he shoves.

So in my opinion better to keep the initiative by betting $10.50 yourself on the turn or just check/fold turn immediately.
      GL
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you played it fine
      I also like c/c turn to let him bluff with worse hands and going to showdown
      River: if you don´t thin he is barreling there KJ, JT or somehow valuebetting Qx then c/f river is fine. But since ace is paired and villain seems aggressive I think calldown can be also reasonable