[NL2-NL10] KQs sb

• utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      MP3 48/9 agg 0.9. 34hands. what do you think he could have here? do you think push on river is right against his range? :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $19.84
      CO:
      $12.57
      BU:
      $9.53
      SB (Hero):
      $10.04
      BB:
      $29.08
      MP2:
      $36.28

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.4) 9, A, T (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40, BU calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2) 9 (4 players)
      Hero bets $1.65, BB folds, MP3 calls $1.65, BU calls $1.65.

River: ($6.95) 3 (3 players)
      Hero bets $7.87, MP3 calls $7.87, BU folds.

Final Pot: $22.69.
  • 4 replies
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Thats why you should have raised it pre. It's really hard to say here where are we at with so many players in pot. We're having a bit too less information about the hand to make a good call here...Really hard to say. If MP3 is really fishy you could push here, but i think it's close. Would gladly hear what the judges have to say about this one. :)
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      I don't think it's very likely the 9 made a full house for most opponents here. Only A9 and T9 wouldn't usually raise preflop from MP3, and if he had that he'd usually reraise on the flop to protect his hand from the flush and straight draws. Similar story for BU.

Apart from the full house you have the nuts, so if you know your opponent is a calling station by all means ship it. I'd be inclined to bet a bit less than pot just to be safe.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm usually thrilled to isoraise KQs preflop, flop a big pair and valuebet bad players all day. Completing isn't a bad idea since you can always flop well with such a hand either but I barely ever do it.

As played it's fine especially if you think villains can fold the river with Ax even to a 2/3 bet, in which case shipping it is clearly the best play as they usually won't fold stronger hands than that no matter what. If you think you can get Ax to call a smaller bet, then you should probably bet that amount instead and call it off against flushes that will jam over quite often.

Hope it helps.
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      well, thanks for answers, he got AA here :D :D