So many types of tournaments on FTP, what they mean?

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      I only played the regular freeroll tournaments where you start with XXXX chips and last XX survivors gets the prizes but I see tournaments like:

STEPS
      FTOPS
      Daily Dollar
      $750.000 Guarantee
      Double Duece
      Sunday Brawl

What do they mean? What do they do?
  • 2 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi ragney,

I'll try to link to any additional phrases I use, but do shout if you're not sure on anything.

Daily Dollar
      > A regular Deep Stack tournament with a $1 buyin (& no fee)

$750k Guarantee
      > As far as I'm aware, again a regular tournament, but with a guaranteed prize pool of $750,000 (Full Tilt guarantee this prize pool irrespective of number of entries).

Sunday Brawl
      > So called as it's a knockout tournament

Double Deuce
      > Again a regular tournament, but with a buyin of $22 ($20+2)...the 2 also can referred to as a "deuce" in poker circles

FTOPS & MiniFTOPS
      > Are a series of events at various buyin levels and across many different poker variants e.g. No Limit, Limit, Omaha, Stud, Knockouts, 6 max, Shootouts, HORSE etc.
      There are usually some added value prizes for being the top player across all of the series of events.

Steps
      > These are tournaments where you don't win cash as such, but a ticket to the next step up. Typically you have to win the last (Biggest buyin) step to win any cash or a seat to a big tournament.
      Think of them like a ladder. You can start on any rung of the ladder, but the aim is to get to the top.

Full Tilt steps are typically.. $3.30 Buyin for Step 1, $8.70 Buyin for Step 2 and so on with a larger buyin at each step.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart
    • Funkyquartz
      Funkyquartz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88

Steps
      > These are tournaments where you don't win cash as such, but a ticket to the next step up. Typically you have to win the last (Biggest buyin) step to win any cash or a seat to a big tournament.
      Think of them like a ladder. You can start on any rung of the ladder, but the aim is to get to the top.

Full Tilt steps are typically.. $3.30 Buyin for Step 1, $8.70 Buyin for Step 2 and so on with a larger buyin at each step.

Also with steps, if you win a step 2 tournament you'll receive a $24+2 ticket.

You can then use this ticket to either play step 3 or enter a $24+2 tournament.