This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

So many types of tournaments on FTP, what they mean?

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      I only played the regular freeroll tournaments where you start with XXXX chips and last XX survivors gets the prizes but I see tournaments like:

STEPS
      FTOPS
      Daily Dollar
      $750.000 Guarantee
      Double Duece
      Sunday Brawl

What do they mean? What do they do?
  • 2 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi ragney,

I'll try to link to any additional phrases I use, but do shout if you're not sure on anything.

Daily Dollar
      > A regular Deep Stack tournament with a $1 buyin (& no fee)

$750k Guarantee
      > As far as I'm aware, again a regular tournament, but with a guaranteed prize pool of $750,000 (Full Tilt guarantee this prize pool irrespective of number of entries).

Sunday Brawl
      > So called as it's a knockout tournament

Double Deuce
      > Again a regular tournament, but with a buyin of $22 ($20+2)...the 2 also can referred to as a "deuce" in poker circles

FTOPS & MiniFTOPS
      > Are a series of events at various buyin levels and across many different poker variants e.g. No Limit, Limit, Omaha, Stud, Knockouts, 6 max, Shootouts, HORSE etc.
      There are usually some added value prizes for being the top player across all of the series of events.

Steps
      > These are tournaments where you don't win cash as such, but a ticket to the next step up. Typically you have to win the last (Biggest buyin) step to win any cash or a seat to a big tournament.
      Think of them like a ladder. You can start on any rung of the ladder, but the aim is to get to the top.

Full Tilt steps are typically.. $3.30 Buyin for Step 1, $8.70 Buyin for Step 2 and so on with a larger buyin at each step.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart
    • Funkyquartz
      Funkyquartz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88

Steps
      > These are tournaments where you don't win cash as such, but a ticket to the next step up. Typically you have to win the last (Biggest buyin) step to win any cash or a seat to a big tournament.
      Think of them like a ladder. You can start on any rung of the ladder, but the aim is to get to the top.

Full Tilt steps are typically.. $3.30 Buyin for Step 1, $8.70 Buyin for Step 2 and so on with a larger buyin at each step.

Also with steps, if you win a step 2 tournament you'll receive a $24+2 ticket.

You can then use this ticket to either play step 3 or enter a $24+2 tournament.