Mudda's Hand Evaluation

• DaineMudda
      DaineMudda
      Bronze
      Hello,

I am planning to post Badugi handhistories here and hope you can evaluate them together with me.
      Of course you are invited to post your handhistories as well, and I will evaluate them as good as I can.
      To keep it simple I will give numbers to each hand and I kindly ask you to do the same if you post hands here. Doing that we can simply number our evaluations.

For a hand converter I suggest this one:
      http://www.feralcowpoker.com/poker-hand-history-converter.php

I hope there are some interested people out there :D
  • 9 replies
    • DaineMudda
      DaineMudda
      Bronze
      Hand #1

Feral Cow Poker Hand Converter
      PokerStars Limit Badugi $0.50/$1.00 - 8 players

MP: $23.60
      HJ: $9.00
      CO: $9.10
      Button: $23.35
      SB: $9.55
      BB: $39.25 (Hero)
      UTG: $12.30
      UTG+1: $20.45

Dealing Hands: ($0.75) (8 players)
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP folds, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

First Draw: ($1.50) (3 players)
      SB discards 2, Hero discards 2, UTG+1 discards 2,
      ||
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Second Draw: ($3.00) (3 players)
      SB discards 2, Hero discards 1, UTG+1 discards 1,
      ||
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1, SB raises to $2, Hero calls $2, UTG+1 raises to $3, SB calls $1, Hero calls $1

Third Draw: ($12.00) (3 players)
      SB discards 1, Hero stands, UTG+1 stands,

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1, SB folds, Hero calls $1

Hero mucked
      UTG+1 showed 3h 2d 8s 5c, a Badugi: 8,5,3,2
      UTG+1 won $13.50
      (Rake: $0.50)

Predraw:
      Since I get a freeplay and don't have a good hand I just take the freeplay.

First Draw:
      Since everyone drew 2 cards I don't believe that anyone has a Badugi yet. Also my Hand got better so I think that I can call here even though I only get 5:1 Odds.

Second Draw:
      Now I get a 10-Badugi and both other players changed 1 card. One of them changed 2 cards again the other one changed 1 card. I think instead of checking I should have bet here since I see myself with the best hand.
      After I checked there cames a lot of action and I got my problem wether to call or fold, I decide to call.

Third Draw:
      Now the agressive UTG+1 doesn't dicards anymore and I do not break my 10-Badugi which at this point is very likely to be a loosing hand. When he bets I simply call instead of folding.

I believe the hand is very misplayed at the Second Draw and after that. Though, my problem is at the First Draw because I have no idea whether I played it the right way there or the wrong way. Can I call there even though the Odds are so bad? Should I maybe have bet myself?
    • DaineMudda
      DaineMudda
      Bronze
      Hand #2

Milked from the teat of a feral cow
      PokerStars Limit Badugi $0.25/$0.50 - 7 players

HJ: $9.55
      CO: $13.25
      Button: $4.30
      SB: $10.60
      BB: $12.10
      UTG: $18.30 (Hero)
      UTG+1: $2.50

Dealing Hands: ($0.35) (7 players)
      Hero raises to $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Button raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $1, UTG+1 calls $0.50, Button calls $0.25, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.25

First Draw: ($4.75) (5 players)
      SB discards 1, BB discards 1, Hero stands, UTG+1 discards 3, Button stands,

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, UTG+1 folds, Button raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.50, BB calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25

Second Draw: ($6.75) (4 players)
      SB discards 1, BB discards 1, Hero stands, Button stands,

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, Button raises to $1, SB calls $1, BB calls $1, Hero calls $0.50

Third Draw: ($10.75) (4 players)
      SB discards 1, BB discards 1, Hero stands, Button stands,

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks

Button mucked
      SB showed 6h 4d 5h 3c, a 3-card: 5,4,3
      BB mucked
      Hero showed 5d 4s Ac 8h, a Badugi: 8,5,4,A
      Hero won $10.60
      (Rake: $0.40)

Predraw:
      I am lucky and have a decent Badugi to start with. So I bring in as many bets as possible and we cap it.
      First Draw:
      We are still 4 players. The button also stands Pat, one changes 3 Cards (who I think is very likely to fold on any bet) and the 2 in between and the BU draw 1.
      Since the I want to find out where I stand I bet and see what happens. The BU raises me and the 2 others call. I see no reason to re-raise the BU since the other 2 players are very unlikely to fold and the BU could have me beat. Though I think it is unliekely that he has me beat. But his aggression for sure makes me being careful.
      Second Draw:
      Now the person who drew 3 before is gone and the rest basically stays the same. The 2 who drew 1 Card check to me and I figure that the BU will probably raise me if I bet. But I believe that I might be good and with a bet and a raise the 2 remaining drawing players become less good odds (though still about 8:1, alsomost 9:1 with my implied call and the second caller of course gets even better odds). So maybe my attempt was useless. Still I'd rather see them fold since I'd hate them to draw out on me while I was competing with the BU.
      Again the BU shows as much aggression as he can se I can only hope I am still good and go to a cheap showdown.
      Third Draw:
      The 2 drawing players draw again. Again they check and I decide to play check/call since I think the BU will bet anyway and I am starting to think that I am not good anymore. So I try to keep it cheap.
      Surprisingly the BU checks behind.

The action from the BU and the drawers and the big pot scared me a lot so I don't really know if what I did makes sense the way I planned it.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Hi!

I'm not a really big draw-game player or anything, I only play 27 sometimes in mixed games, and very rarely badugi or 5carddraw, but I'd like to put my two cents in.

Hand#1
      Predraw is pretty std.
      1st: I'd pretty much always bet here. We have the best 3-card-hand here all day long (if they're not the passive type of guys). Every better stuff they should raise pre. Also our hand is pretty well disguised because we were the BB. Also as far as my badugi knowledge goes, we might have the best hand at showdown with this A56.
      2nd: I'd probably bet here. People, especcially on the low limit get pretty frightened when they doesn't have a hand after the 2nd draw, so UTG may check behind here, which would be pretty bad for us. However, if UTG is capable of betting a good 3-card-hand here (because we show such such weakness), I'd probably go for a c/r to trap the SB and also to get max value. After this amount of action, this is really tough, and I'd go with my reads. If I've ever saw SB making this move (c/r draw 1), I'd definitely 3bet. If SB is the nitty kind of guy, I fold, because it's such a reversed implied odds situation.
      (If let's say 1 more bet goes into the pot till showdown, you have to be good at least 1/3 of the times (simple pot odds), which I think heavily depends on the SB's range.)
      Getting 3bet is basically horrible for us. I'm pretty sure at this point, that we are beat, noone would bet/3bet the turn w a one-card draw or a J badugi. So we have around 5 outs here (beating a 9 or a worse 8), minus one, because UTG must have one, so we have 3,5-4 outs here, with implied odds I'd break my T here, and c/r the river if I improve to a 6 badugi or better, c/c 7 and 8 badugi, fold the rest.
      3rd: as played you must call, because when you called the turn and stood pat, you said: 'I might be good'... So it's a must call.

Hand#2

It's pretty simple predraw.
      1st: Button pats, which is kind of bad news for us, but still I'd 3bet him, because he can play any worse 8, 9, T that way, because he wants to protect his made badugi. If he caps, I calldown, if he doesnt, I valuebet 2 streets.
      2nd: as played I don't like the donkbet. We said on the flop, that ok, you most likely have me beat. And now with the bet you say you're ahead. (Cause it's not a bluffbet, is it?:D ) It just doesn't add up. As played, c/c seems good to me. No way he doesn't bet here.
      I like your thinking of getting the two other players fold, especially because I come from a LHE background, but I don't think if they put 4 SBs in before the draws, another 2 SBs in on flop, that they would fold here. It's a draw game, it's low limits, just won't happen.

So that's it, I hope I didn't write really big dogpoo, and also I like this topic. I usually don't play badugi, but 27TD, but if I'll ever have a badugi hand I'm not sure in, I'll post it here.:)
    • DaineMudda
      DaineMudda
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply and sorry for the long break. I took a break and not I am getting back so stay tuned for more hands.
    • DaineMudda
      DaineMudda
      Bronze
      Hand #3
      A pack of feral cows chewed their cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this hand
      PokerStars Limit Badugi $0.50/$1.00 - 6 players

Button: $20.15
      SB: $44.80
      BB: $22.80
      UTG: $8.20
      UTG+1: $37.75
      CO: $44.40 (Hero)

Dealing Hands: ($0.75) (6 players)
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, Button calls $1, SB folds, BB calls $0.50

First Draw: ($3.25) (3 players)
      BB discards 1, Hero discards 1, Button discards 1,
      ||
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, Button raises to $1, BB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Second Draw: ($5.25) (2 players)
      Hero discards 1, Button stands,
      ||
      Hero checks, Button bets $1, Hero raises to $2, Button calls $1

Third Draw: ($9.25) (2 players)
      Hero stands, Button stands,

Hero bets $1, Button calls $1

Predraw:
      I start with a very good Tri-Hand and I am Cutoff + first-in without a doubt I raise.

First Draw:
      I draw and cannot make a Badugi, but I take another possible out from the other playerrs by drowing a low Card. I think I am still best most times and see that a bet would be a valuebet so I bet. The BU raises me, the BB folds and I can get into a HU Potwith the BU. But he has probably made a Badugi by now. I get 9,5:1 odds and I don't see how I could fold here since I cannot really set him on any Badugi yet and in most cases my odds are very good.

Second Draw:
      I make the 3rd best Badugi and I am pretty sure I have him beat so I want as many Value as possible and checkraise him since it is very likely he will beat again after I drew one. It works I that way.

Third Draw:
      I don't see much Value in checkraising again since he might just check behind. So I bet straight ahead because I also think that he will most likely not fold. So I get the value that I think I can get and am pretty happy when he calls.

I think I played the hand straight forward and pretty good. But I have my doubts whether it is good to bet into 2 players who drew only one card after the First Draw. I normally do that with such a good Tri-Hand because I see it as a Valuebet, but I am not sure if it also works in multiway pots. It is an easy decision in HU pots but with 2 more players in the pot i don't know, and with 3 more player I even know less. Maybe someone knows where to draw the line.
    • DaineMudda
      DaineMudda
      Bronze
      Hand #4
      Milked from the teat of a feral cow
      PokerStars Limit Badugi $0.50/$1.00 - 8 players

BB: $24.00
      UTG: $20.65
      UTG+1: $28.50
      MP: $26.05
      HJ: $13.05
      CO: $7.55
      Button: $13.15
      SB: $35.30 (Hero)

Dealing Hands: ($0.75) (8 players)
      3 folds, HJ raises to $1, CO raises to $1.50, Button calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.25, BB folds, HJ calls $0.50

First Draw: ($6.50) (4 players)
      Hero discards 1, HJ discards 2, CO discards 1, Button discards 2,
      ||
      Hero bets $0.50, HJ calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50

Second Draw: ($8.50) (4 players)
      Hero stands, HJ discards 2, CO discards 1, Button discards 2,

Hero bets $1, HJ calls $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1

Third Draw: ($12.50) (4 players)
      Hero stands, HJ discards 1, CO discards 1, Button discards 1,

Hero bets $1, HJ folds, CO raises to $2, Button folds, Hero calls $1

I think it is a pretty easy play here until the Third Draw. I am not sure wether I should have reraised him which could have ended in a Cap or just call his raise like I did. When he raises me on the River I am pretty sure he has a Badugi and I am also pretty sure it is at least a good 8-Badugi. So in some cases my rough 6-Badugi is still good and in some it isn't. I am just not sure how often it is and if a reraise would have given me more Value.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      i think coldcapping predraw is best in the last hand otherwise rest seems fine. including river call, we rep insane strength even betting after third draw here so when he raises us we don't have over 50% equity against him imo
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I just discovered badugi the other day and am just getting started, I was wondering is it possible to get a HUD/software for tracking results? I watched the CR video so I know the basics but is there any other good info/vids around on the net?

Finally I play at FT and the traffic really sucks, if you play at both is it better on stars? I might transfer a little there or something.

Thanks for any help
    • DaineMudda
      DaineMudda
      Bronze
      http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/168/free-software/pokerhands-beta-10-2009-05-10-holdem-badugi-5cd-tripledraw-342877/

The newest version should be somewhere at the end of the thread