BTN: $2.05
      SB: $1.00
      BB: $2.24
      UTG: $0.82
      UTG+1: $2.25
      MP: $1.97

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:diamond: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, CO raises to $0.18, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.39, 2 players) 5:heart: 7:club: T:heart:
      Hero bets $0.30, CO raises to $0.96, Hero raises to $1.82 and is all-in, CO calls $0.86

Turn: ($4.03, 2 players) 2:club:

River: ($4.03, 2 players) 6:heart:

Brain snap.
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      I'd probably fold preflop, although you are getting good odds i suppose. Problem is if you hit one of your cards you should be scared of him having an overpair, because that probably makes up like half of his 3betting range here. Unless he 3bets way more than normal NL2'ers. TT+ and AKs from most weak tight regs on NL2 i think. Maybe AKo as well i guess.

Come flop, i'd check to him to let him cbet his entire range then call, on the turn we can reevaluate. He probably isn't double barrelling AK so you can work out on the turn if he has the overpair or not based on if he bets or not. Probably. Otherwise check raise folding isn't as bad as it sounds i reckon.

As played, him raising your donk bet doesn't tell you all that much, because he could be doing that with AK hearts as well as overpairs. The push probably isn't necessary as there's only one combo of AK hearts in his range when there are many different combos of overpairs that have you crushed (you aren't in good shape vs AK hearts either) Probably have to fold to his reraise once you donk as he probably isn't doing that with a complete bluff hand like AKo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fryandspicy
      I'd probably fold preflop, although you are getting good odds i suppose. Problem is if you hit one of your cards you should be scared of him having an overpair, because that probably makes up like half of his 3betting range here. Unless he 3bets way more than normal NL2'ers. TT+ and AKs from most weak tight regs on NL2 i think. Maybe AKo as well i guess.

Come flop, i'd check to him to let him cbet his entire range then call, on the turn we can reevaluate. He probably isn't double barrelling AK so you can work out on the turn if he has the overpair or not based on if he bets or not. Probably. Otherwise check raise folding isn't as bad as it sounds i reckon.

As played, him raising your donk bet doesn't tell you all that much, because he could be doing that with AK hearts as well as overpairs. The push probably isn't necessary as there's only one combo of AK hearts in his range when there are many different combos of overpairs that have you crushed (you aren't in good shape vs AK hearts either) Probably have to fold to his reraise once you donk as he probably isn't doing that with a complete bluff hand like AKo.
      +1
      b/c pf against that small 3-bet is reasonable
      if you want to play for stacks then bet/shove is fine
      he can raise there often with draws, sometimes bluffs
      I´d likely just take c/c line on the flop and evaluate on the turn if I want to stack off