This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ in 3bet pot

• skimon
      skimon
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6
      Hero:
      $9,52

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:spade: , J:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, BU folds, SB raises to $0,60, BB folds, Hero calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,25) T:spade: , 9:club: , 4:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,6, Hero raises to $1,80, SB raises to $5,40 (All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

I chose to go with r/f so I know where I'm at against this aggro 'tag'. Folding is just too weak on this nice flop (he cbets flop 100%) and I think calling it here just gives me more annoying spots after flop .. If he calls my raise, turn will still be hard :f_confused:

Final Pot: $4,85
  • 2 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      If he's an aggro TAG then you should call the push. His range there should include overcards, flush draws, and combo draws. I would expect AA/KK/QQ to cbet more on that flop instead of 1/2 pot unless you have seen him betting like this with a strong hand before.

If you are not sure you can call his cbet and re-evaluate turn. This is better than raise/folding IMO.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      If he's an aggro TAG then you should call the push. His range there should include overcards, flush draws, and combo draws. I would expect AA/KK/QQ to cbet more on that flop instead of 1/2 pot unless you have seen him betting like this with a strong hand before.

If you are not sure you can call his cbet and re-evaluate turn. This is better than raise/folding IMO.
      +1
      You´re either raising this flop for value and calling shove or just calling flop thinking he has there very often overpairs and would fold to turn bet
      I would usually prefer 1st option once I get JJ that board