When Im on Tilt I Play like a pro?

• SighCoSocial
      SighCoSocial
      Bronze
      Well not really a pro but I've made the majority of my money on tilt. Whenever I dip and lose for instance 25$ in 0.10/0.25 on a bad beat I play on tilt and instead move up to the 0.25/ 0.50 limits (not a good idea, yeah i know) I play better and make 3x the money i lost.

So my question to players is, can a player actually play better while on tilt or does this just seem like ive lucked out a few times? It has worked for me so far.
  • 12 replies
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      no playing on tilt goes against the poker mindset and is 100% -EV in the long run. You are just getting lucky. So what you lose xx$ You want to tilt and then blow your BR.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Well, if tilting somehow makes you concentrate more on your opponents and your game because you're so pissed that you're losing i guess it's a good thing. But it isn't really tilt, is it? Tilt is when you're not playing at your best, which in your case would then be before you get the bad beat.
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      and usually involves overplaying your cards and making subpar shoves
    • SighCoSocial
      SighCoSocial
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fryandspicy
      Well, if tilting somehow makes you concentrate more on your opponents and your game because you're so pissed that you're losing i guess it's a good thing. But it isn't really tilt, is it? Tilt is when you're not playing at your best, which in your case would then be before you get the bad beat.
      Well I seem to play really aggressive and work the pot up to a decent size to make a large bet (usually on a bluff) and easily steal the pot. Maybe when I'm on tilt I make moves I usually would not have the balls to do lmfao
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      at the beginning of every session you should pay a a mexican (or some other dude) to piss you off really bad, so you can get in the mood
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      at the beginning of every session you should pay a a mexican (or some other dude) to piss you off really bad, so you can get in the mood
      /Thread
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SighCoSocial
      Well I seem to play really aggressive and work the pot up to a decent size to make a large bet (usually on a bluff) and easily steal the pot. Maybe when I'm on tilt I make moves I usually would not have the balls to do lmfao
      Then you should keep the aggressive/bluff parts in your regular game and remove the tilt part from your game.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Id play lower if losing 1BI makes you tilt....
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      playing on tilt is by definition all about playing irrationally. playing irrationally is what fish do.

tilt => fish => dead money. :D
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      nah,they are all joking,if u feel playing on tilt makes u play like a pro,go for it buddy.Just tomorrow, if u lose a buy in somewhere pm me for a hu tilt game.

(Secret Hint:i am santa and i got lots of dead money around)

will be waiting
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      this imo :D
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      this imo :D
      *read the poker mindset.

fixed :)