fold, fold, SB raises to $2, Hero calls $1.50

FLOP ($4) 4:diamond: T:spade: 6:club:

SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

TURN ($9) 4:diamond: T:spade: 6:club: 6:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $5, SB folds

Hero shows 2:spade: 2:heart:

Hero wins $8.55

villain is 22/21/ inf, 82 hands, steal (overall) 36%, sb steal 29%
      is it reasonable to defend against villain's steal with 22? If so, are we better off 3betting pre or just calling?
      if we defend by calling, is the standard line of call cb on dry low flop and bet vs missed continuation bet on turn ok?

I was thinking that we could check behind on the turn but (if we currently have the best hand) we run the risk of no longer having the best hand if Q,J,K,A,4,or T comes on the River, which will happen roughly half the time so I thought we need to protect. Is that reasonable? Or is our hand not strong enough to protect?

• 2 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      3betting or the way you played is best in my view.If you 3bet ,take the iniative and cbet boards,otherwise coldcalling and floating him is good as you played.WP
    • Kaitz20
      I think both call or 3-bet pf is fine
      If player is 4-bet happy then call is better
      That board I´d likely turn my 2 into bluff and raise his c-bet, since you´re ahead a lot of times and even if he is going to c/f a lot of turns i think he is barrel J/Q/K/A turn cards and then it is quite hard to call him down and likely you have to raise his turn bet to win hand
      And I also don´t expect him to 3-bet bluff with AJ almost never that board so if you get called or 3-bet it is easy check it down or folding to aggression
      But even overpairs and set would just b/c there thinking you either have it or bluffing so you should get free turn and maybe even river checks a lot of times