How does this all work?

• keeg4
      keeg4
      Bronze
      This thread is purely out of interest. Could someone please explain the basic mechanics of how this all works. I've struggled to find anything explaining how this site works.

1) I read your articles, gain a basic understanding of poker.
      2) Pass the test and you invest $50 in me.

I can't just withdraw that money so yet, which makes perfect sense. What this must mean is that you assume I will earn you back that $50? What I am interested to find out is:

- When does the money become mine and when can I withdraw? I understand this has something to do with rake, but I'm not exactly sure how that works.

- How are you able to invest money in complete strangers and still yield money.

Cheers :)

keeg4
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi keeg4 & welcome to PokerStrategy,

I'll provide you with a couple of links. The first is the PokerStrategy Business Model which will explain how PokerStrategy receives income each time you play and can then reinvest that into the education, freerolls, free coaching etc.

The amount of player points you need to earn to clear the free starting capital varies depending on which poker room you have selected to play on. The second link will confirm the level for yourself.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Bart
    • keeg4
      keeg4
      Bronze
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi keeg4,

No problem, we will add that in shortly. In the meantime you can find all of the information required on the following link:

The $50 Starting Capital expires after 14 days
      When you download the software through PokerStrategy.com you will receive a free $50 sum.

However, if you don't generate any rake within 14 days of receiving your $50 starting capital (i.e. if you don't play), William Hill will retract the money.

The $50 will also be retracted if you don't deposit at least $100 or play $50 in rake within 150 days. If you have less than $50 in your account at that point, only the remaining amount will expire.

Best regards & good luck on William Hill,

Bart