Let's try once more

• MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Hi,

i am paul (aka mrgeros for mircland)20 years old from greece,i work as a barman and i'm a student too.i ll try once more blogging since i gave it a try sometime ago and i failed...

I am mostly playing hu,which is 11$ 4 man hu sngs or cake poker nl20/50.I occasionally play some mtt's aswell which is anything i might be interested within 2-50$ range,(50's only at cake since they are just ridiculous).

In this blog i will just write whatever i feel like discussing and also posting hands i find weird or w/e else.

Not sure if i missed anything but anyway...

Cheers
  • 19 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Wishing you every luck my friend.

Good to see you back and blogging. Look forward to seeing how you get on.

Good luck and best regards,

Bart
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      this is a little something i bought last week as a present for my 7years old sister,he is a yorkshire terrier and his name is Lucky ofc

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Awww bless.

What a great brother :P Hope he brings you both lots of luck ;)

Bart
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      So lets move into poker issues now,this is a hand i played against a loose passive dude,who never 4bet me and just kept callin my 3bets with absolutely any 2.

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      2 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      BTN MerianaMC (1,760)
      BB Hero (1,240)

Blinds: 10/20

Pre-Flop: (30, 2 players) Hero is BB J:spade: 9:heart:
      MerianaMC raises to 60, Hero raises to 180, MerianaMC calls 120

Flop: Q:heart: 8:diamond: 7:spade: (360, 2 players)
      Hero checks, MerianaMC checks

Turn: 5:club: (360, 2 players)
      Hero bets 250, MerianaMC calls 250

River: 6:diamond: (860, 2 players)
      Hero bets 550, MerianaMC goes all-in 1,330, Hero calls 260

Final Pot: 3,000
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Hey man, gl with your blog will deff follow, sorry I haven't been on lately is because i've been very busy and had a fever this week. So next week I will start crushing the sngs again. We can do a few sweats.

About the hand: I think this hand is pld terribly. You somehow manage to lose absolutely everything with nothing when the blinds are 10/20 lol. The guy is clearly a call station and isn't gonna fold to any raises you make, I see you tried to semi bluff your gutshot, however the whole purpose of making a semi bluff is if you think this guy is gonna actually fold which we both know he won't. So you might aswell take advantage of his terrible play, keep seeing free cheap flops, and when you hit a hand vb. If he keeps folding when you vbet, then you can start throwing 20 something percent bluffs, preferably semi bluffs.

What i've noticed is people with these types of playing styles tend to win most hands because they seem to call everything and go 100 percent on each hand. I would counter that by keeping pots small, and you being in control when you hit a hand so you win the big ones and lose the small ones.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      thx for the feedback,actually in that hand i was ahead of the dude in every street except the river when he showed me his T9o.
      Yet still ur reasoning is correct about bluffing passive monkeys...

Yesterday i had i think my best session of september,lost 12 sngs in a row.Thankfully though i had an ok session at cake where i won 2 stacks at nl20 so that minimized the dmg a bit.

I am having some thoughts about the hu sngs.I ussually play sessions of 3 tabling and i was thinking if i should open a new one for each one i bust or w8 till i finish the 3 i was playing and start a new set.Any opinion would be great.

peace..
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      Its always nice to find another greek guy outhere .At cake poker do u play nl20/50 hu only?

kalh tuxi aderfe sta trapezia :)
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      bravo alos ellinas
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrPavlos
      thx for the feedback,actually in that hand i was ahead of the dude in every street except the river when he showed me his T9o.
      Yet still ur reasoning is correct about bluffing passive monkeys...

Yesterday i had i think my best session of september,lost 12 sngs in a row.Thankfully though i had an ok session at cake where i won 2 stacks at nl20 so that minimized the dmg a bit.

I am having some thoughts about the hu sngs.I ussually play sessions of 3 tabling and i was thinking if i should open a new one for each one i bust or w8 till i finish the 3 i was playing and start a new set.Any opinion would be great.

peace..
      I realise you will be ahead alot of the time on the river of course, however you must realise that you are always gonna have a very hard decision on the river and making hero calls all the time is gonna be wrong :) The easiest way to beat these players is patience and thin valuebets when you have a hand and you think it is ahead. Your best plan would be to avoid these hard decisions and just control the game your way, that will force him to adjust instead.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      So since the great begining of this blog some sick dude pressed the bad buttom on me (aka doomswitch) and i cant win (yesterday+today).I reviewed my yesterdays game and i didnt find anything too spewy or anything,just my normal game,so i will call it variance for now,will tighten up my pants and go on.So far i am down 190$ playing 11$ hu sngs and this sucks very much but what can u do...?
      My main problem so far is volume which i just cant seem to put in enough.It's something i really got to work on at some point.Thats all for now

Peace.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      I wish I could give you a motivational speech however Im not able to because i've never been able to beat the doomswitch, every time i've made a few k i seemed to always lose the exact amount and then repetition all over again to keep me just above b.e

If I somehow make more than 10k then I can say, keep your head up its just variance, but I am not qualified to say it yet :(
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      you bought a dead dog?
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      ZeMammuth:i am fine with the variance issue,being overrolled is a helpfull thing in these occasions.

Ihufa:no comments bro

So last night after running terribly,i took a break,made something to eat,made myself an indian something tea and rolled a sticky icky,went out to my balcony for a "chill" session.After that although i was not planning to play,i felt like playing,so i sat and 100% crushed em all,won 180$ within 1-1.5 hour.

Tbh i dont know if it was run good or anything but all i know is even being in a downswong,when u feel like crushing,u crush.

Thats all for now

Peace.
    • gaibang
      gaibang
      Bronze
      Great. I have the same feeling that it is hard to keep posting something on your own blog. Well, i have the same feeling and same experience as u. Okay, let me added u as my buddy and follow your blog sometimes. I just registered this pokerstrategy account yesterday, need some friends on my network.

U play cake? me2...add me lol
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Originally posted by gaibang
      Great. I have the same feeling that it is hard to keep posting something on your own blog.
      where did u found that i got that feeling?and yea i play cake nl20-50 hu
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello sir - this blog title has caught my attention since I completely loathe the word ''try'' it implies a hidden feeling of ''failure'' because you heard the following sentence at least 7 times a week:
      ''That way, when you fail, you can always say, "Well, at least I tried.''

I think it is for your own best interest to change ''trying'' towards ''doing'' or the complete opposite: ''not doing''.

I hope you interpret this NOT as some sort of flame; I do not like flaming nor I do not flame other people

I just have this sense of feeling that whenever one says ''well let's try this one'' the P% chance of not achieving your goals is significant higher because of the subconciously thought behind this word.
      It is just a thing I realized a couple of years ago and from that point I wanted to say this phenomenon to everyone I think gets in this same vicious circle

Nevertheless I wish you the best luck, skill and joy in this game :f_thumbsup:

- Gerv
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      ty for this insightfull post gerv,u may have a point there,so i'll give it a thought and find something else for a title i guess,not sure atm.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      So today i took another shot at the 23's and it went quite smoothly,won 2 out of the 4 i played and that was nice,sadly cant grind much now cause i got to go to work tomorrow morning.
      Also played a 10$ hu KO tourney and lost at the "bubble" as i managed to win all games except the one b4 the cash in,but thx to the KO thingy i got my bi +some change back,and after playing a few of those i can say they are clearly beatable,i just need a "no running bad" run and it's shipped already.
      Thats all for now,tomorrow is a work and after that it's saturday so it's party day in my town,so next update session most likely after sunday.

Peace yo.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      September

So overall it was a nice month,pokerwise i didnt play almost at all at cake poker but it was my biggest volume wise month at the hu sng's at stars,i can say i easily beat the 11$ 4 mans but i had a rough time at the 23's but mostly not because of the skill involved but some running bad and i guess also some scared money issues.

Also i shipped in the beggining of the month 2 12$ 180 mans which was a sweet boost,but i cashed out all that money(rubbed on titties on later streets)

Graph of HU sngs 11-23

Graph of september overall

So now it's October,i moved back to the 11's for a while like maybe the first week or so and then the rest 3 weeks will be grinding the 23's,hopefully with a better ROI this time.

So far thats all

Peace