Hero (MP): $6.05
      CO: $6.18
      BTN: $2.34
      SB: $5.00
      BB: $7.53
      UTG: $10.82

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with A :spade: T :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.67) T :heart: 7 :spade: 8 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.57) A :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10, BTN folds

River: ($3.77) Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.40, Hero calls $4.40

my question : what information do i need from pokertracker that will help me decide my river action ?

Info on villian :

vp:16/ pfr 10/ W$WF: 45 / wtsd 27 / W$SD : 50 / AF : 2.8 / AFq : 53 / 3bet :5 ATS : 33 / fold bb to steal : 100 / fold sb to steal : 100
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Bet bigger on the flop to get more value out of worse Tx/8x/7x which often have a gutshot as well, and heart/9x draws. Bet slightly bigger on the turn as well for the same, usually 8x/7x will fold regardless but Tx/draws won't.

On the river you first need the number of hands to decide if it's even worth your time to go searching for stats since most of the aggression stats are worthless unless you got around a thousand hands give or take (especially since river stats are the latest to converge), and even then they're hard to interpret.

Your bet best is usually to just look at his flop/turn stats instead and try to decide whether he likely would have raised the hands that beat you on earlier streets. The flop is drawy so if he had a set or J9 at that point chances are he would have raised either the flop or the turn, but if he's slowplayy or bad he might not have. He looks tight/semiaggressive so it's possible either way and he probably doesn't raise his draws at any point so he can likely have all busted draws.

So he can have some monsters on the river and he can have a whole lot of busted draws as well as Tx or AhXh/floated A-highs, but it's a pretty tough call for Tx with two overcards so unless he has AhXh/floated A-highs/QT exactly getting value by betting is tough, so unless you think he never bluffs with busted draws or his timing betrayed him having AhXh/floated A-highs you're probably better off checking.

Once you decide to check I think you need to check/call against busted draws even if he overbet jams, there simply aren't many hands he can confidently jam for value on that board unless he slowplayed J9/sets or binked QT/AQ on the river, and you do beat QT.

Hope it helps.