[NL20-NL50] NLSH 20 : AJo vs LAG ( i think)

• Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Cassava Poker $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 940935
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $28.18
      BB: $20.00
      UTG: $24.01
      CO: $42.24
      Hero (BTN): $58.94

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BTN with A :club: J :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.70, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.70, SB raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.30

Flop: ($6.90) 4 :diamond: 9 :spade: T :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $3.60, Hero raises to $8.85, SB raises to $25.18, Hero folds

should i fold IP to the initial raise?
      should i 3bet pre flop and fold to a 4bet?
      when i called the 3bet preflop , should i fit or fold the flop?
      should i float him instead?

villian is 34/25/1.57
  • 4 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      2 assumptions should be made:

1.You need to carefully think what you want to do with your range of hands which doesn't do well versus UTG opening range: hands like KJ,KT,KQ,AT,AJ,AQ or others like these if you have in range ofc.I mean you generally can balance your 3betting range with them and easily 3bet IP and fold to 4bet especially versus tight opponents this is the best play with such hands.Also you should make the assumption that whenever you just coldcall them you might never be ahead and if you flop TPTK or TPGK you will be in tough spots.

2.When such opponent 3bets you 1. is also in as if you cold call such hands you should be folding here.If you want to make a move you need to 4bet not to call IP because of the stuff i explained in the previous paragraph.Also if you think you are ahead of his range and you want to cold call not to lose value than raising and shoving the flop is the only play but YOU SHOULD BE AWARE you are with the best hand preflop so you can't fold on lower board <Q.
      I don't think you have the thinking of the 2nd assumptions so you advice you to think about the 1st one and next time make easy 3bet or easy fold.
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Originally posted by N0pr3s3n7
      2 assumptions should be made:

1.You need to carefully think what you want to do with your range of hands which doesn't do well versus UTG opening range: hands like KJ,KT,KQ,AT,AJ,AQ or others like these if you have in range ofc.I mean you generally can balance your 3betting range with them and easily 3bet IP and fold to 4bet especially versus tight opponents this is the best play with such hands.Also you should make the assumption that whenever you just coldcall them you might never be ahead and if you flop TPTK or TPGK you will be in tough spots.

2.When such opponent 3bets you 1. is also in as if you cold call such hands you should be folding here.If you want to make a move you need to 4bet not to call IP because of the stuff i explained in the previous paragraph.Also if you think you are ahead of his range and you want to cold call not to lose value than raising and shoving the flop is the only play but YOU SHOULD BE AWARE you are with the best hand preflop so you can't fold on lower board <Q.
      I don't think you have the thinking of the 2nd assumptions so you advice you to think about the 1st one and next time make easy 3bet or easy fold.
      i can 3bet but the fellow behind me is quite LAGGy so if i 3bet/F and he 4bet me , wouldn't that make me very explotable by the LAG?

if i had limp then 4bet , and he comes over the top , wouldn't i be priced to call at that point when he 5bet shove?

if lets say i call him down with Ace J high , what do i beat ? i lose to any PP , AK and AQ , only thing i beat is random broadway type of hand

now i think of it , i think i will just fold AJo in this sort of spot ?(
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      1. I don't think he is necessary 4betting you and I don't think people will do it without a hand although he is lag.If he 4bets you he will definitely have you crushed there or 3 outering, so you have easy fold if he 4bet.Also i see him more of the time calling your 3bet instead of 4betting and you will have position and initiative.

2.I don't like at all cold calling/4betting because people will often think that you want just to steal the pot it's good if you happen to trap him here with QQ+/AK which i would 4bet/call him.(When i talked about cold calling i wanted to express myself that it's never ever a good idea to happen to cold call 3bet/4bet with AJ without the initiative so it's a clear fold,or as i said 4bet/fold as a move, not the move you did on the flop).

3.I don't get your thirth question.I think i tried to explain myself that you shouldn't be cold calling him with AJ unless you have special reads you have the best hand.It's true this will be some super unrealistic assumption on such a flop.
      I hope you also thought of it when you wrote it
      if lets say i call him down with Ace J high , what do i beat ? i lose to any PP , AK and AQ , only thing i beat is random broadway type of hand
      you should because it describes all my thoughts which i tried to explain in long paragraphs.

Cold calling is never an option,so you either 3bet/4bet/shove or fold.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think generally fold is better since sb 3-bet utg open so I doubt he is doing that with random 47
      I think just call pf is fine
      once you called pf I think you have to make some moves and float him some boards
      Riase/fold is fine, but since that board has a lot of draws that he is bet/shoving I think call or fold be better and if you call you can evaluate turn if you want to fold/call if he bets and likely you should bet sometimes and check sometimes if he checks
      AJ high wins sometimes at showdowns so maybe you can check it down or bet river to force him out smt like 66 or AK