SB: $2.35
      BB: $0.68
      Hero (UTG): $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.16
      MP: $2.12
      MP+1: $3.49

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:diamond: J:club:

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.24, fold, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.50, 2 players) Q:diamond: 6:diamond: 4:club:
      SB bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.14, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      SB bets $0.72, Hero calls $0.72

River: ($2.58, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      SB bets $1.07 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.72 and is all-in
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

If player on SB is tight 3better in fact I like folding pre. Yeah, yeah, JJ is rather strong hand, but if he is 3betting less than 3% of his hands it becomes kinda trash, right? And SB vs UTG 3betting range is one of the tightest possible.
      But calling usually is fine and I would avoid 4betting generally, because if you 4bet and he shoves - it is gross in this situation.

As played you may call flop if you think he is going to cbet all of his 3betting range (including one that missed the flop - AK, AJ/TT if he is looser pre, etc.). If he is usually betting only his made hands and draws - I don't mind folding.

As played on turn I would fold. I wouldn't count on my diamond redraw and he seems like not giving up his aggression.

Good luck!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm not folding preflop in position when he makes it only 3x even if he's tight, as long as he's straightforward he'll c-bet/give up boards with AK enough and we'll crack his big pair sometimes.

As played his turn bet is really strong, the flush got there but apparently he doesn't care, he'll show up with a flush or a big pair with or without a diamond most of the time, a set and a lone diamond sometimes. Really JJ doesn't fare well against that range because your Jd is dominated by bigger diamonds a bunch. I'd just dump the turn unless I think he's really bad/aggro.

Hope it helps.