Please advise me on modifications to the basic SSS when buying in with 35BB

• 6 replies
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      If you buy in with 35BB you're playing a midstack strategy (MSS), which is different. You'll have decisions to make on the turn that you won't when you play SSS. There are a couple of strategy articles on MSS in the SSS section, and I think more to come.
    • GreenEggs
      GreenEggs
      Bronze
      How can I learn to play MSS? The articles are for Gold members. My problem is that I play a 10-seat table for 35 BB at Betfair poker. I want to learn to play MSS but the articles are not accessible for me. Any help?
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      If you want to play SSS, Pokerstars has 20-50BB buy in tables. That's where I play. You can also play on FT, but there's less traffic. Seems to be dying out elsewhere.
    • SamThomas
      SamThomas
      Bronze
      Hmm I play on FT and the min buy-in is around 35BB.....I've only just started applying SSS to my game so only playing NL2 at the moment to see how it goes.
      Should I not be trying to play SSS with such a stack? Do you know if the buy-ins are lower on the higher stakes games? i.e. NL10?
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      @SamThomas: There are shallow tables at FT where you can buy-in for 20-50bb.
    • SamThomas
      SamThomas
      Bronze
      Yeah I have played in them before, I just had a look and no shallow stack tables are up at the moment.

Does a SS Strategy work when everyone else is also SS?

I was thinking of possibly moving to a different poker room to test this strategy out properly