This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Please advise me on modifications to the basic SSS when buying in with 35BB

• 6 replies
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      If you buy in with 35BB you're playing a midstack strategy (MSS), which is different. You'll have decisions to make on the turn that you won't when you play SSS. There are a couple of strategy articles on MSS in the SSS section, and I think more to come.
    • GreenEggs
      GreenEggs
      Bronze
      How can I learn to play MSS? The articles are for Gold members. My problem is that I play a 10-seat table for 35 BB at Betfair poker. I want to learn to play MSS but the articles are not accessible for me. Any help?
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      If you want to play SSS, Pokerstars has 20-50BB buy in tables. That's where I play. You can also play on FT, but there's less traffic. Seems to be dying out elsewhere.
    • SamThomas
      SamThomas
      Bronze
      Hmm I play on FT and the min buy-in is around 35BB.....I've only just started applying SSS to my game so only playing NL2 at the moment to see how it goes.
      Should I not be trying to play SSS with such a stack? Do you know if the buy-ins are lower on the higher stakes games? i.e. NL10?
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      @SamThomas: There are shallow tables at FT where you can buy-in for 20-50bb.
    • SamThomas
      SamThomas
      Bronze
      Yeah I have played in them before, I just had a look and no shallow stack tables are up at the moment.

Does a SS Strategy work when everyone else is also SS?

I was thinking of possibly moving to a different poker room to test this strategy out properly