[NL2-NL10] how many times do I have to see AA??

• happyteerak
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:spade: , K:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.28, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.92, SB raises to $1.92 (All-In), Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.88) J:club: , 9:heart: , 6:heart:
      Turn: ($3.88) T:club:
      River: ($3.88) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.88

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ks Kc)
      SB shows a pair of aces (Ah Ac)

SB wins with a pair of aces (Ah Ac)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd tend to say pretty much always after you 4-bet. Good microstakes players are usually plagued by the idea that KK needs to be seen as the nuts preflop, while in reality when you 4-bet somebody and then jam on you, people's ranges usually aren't wide enough for you to get shown something other than KK+ against tight players.

Obviously when we 4-bet/call we have to take into account the money we win when villain 3bet/folds, then we use other stuff higher level concepts like light 3betting of isolation raises or late position vs blinds dynamics to justify assigning wider 3betting range and us going broke anyway, while in reality most of the players at that level still don't care about that stuff and tight players won't be 3bet/folding that often.

Now this might vary a lot depending on your playerpool, so I'm not saying you should start playing KK weakly as a rule or anything, just make sure after you've logged a good amount of hands at your limit that you actually do see regs 3bet/fold a bunch in those spots or 3bet/jam QQ/AK, because if you don't it might be better for you to stop 4-betting KK and start calling in position to keep in stuff like QQ/AK instead of blowing them off with a 4-bet.

Hope it helps.