This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] slow play AA?

• happyteerak
      happyteerak
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.03
      BU:
      $2.02

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:spade: , 5:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO folds, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) K:heart: , J:heart: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BU raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.75) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, BU calls $0.36.

River: ($1.47) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $1.47
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't think you should play it differently, maybe bet slightly more on the turn for value against OESDs/FDs/GSs. Against tight/more aggressive players you might consider barreling the river again to possibly fold out better Kx hands since they don't have busted draws / Jx that often as they'll often raise the flop with those and fold the turn with weakish draws/gutshots, tho since you bet so small on the turn they might not have folded those. As it is I think betting again would just be spewy against this guy you're better off check/calling.

If he really did show you AA it's obvious he's not very good at valuebetting his strong hands, which means he's only capable of valuebetting trips+ if even that, which should make you even more suspicious if he happens to bet the river when draws missed and you check to him because his ratio of valuebets/bluffbets is likely quite small if he's capable of bluffing.

Hope it helps.
    • happyteerak
      happyteerak
      Bronze
      Yes he really did show me aces at the end of this hand. Sure players at 1 cent 2 cents are not very good at many things. I was just frustrated on that day because I ran into many good hands over and over.