[NL2-NL10] can they have AA everytime I get a good hand?

• happyteerak
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 4 folds, SB raises to $0.26, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.24, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.80) J:diamond: , 4:spade: , 3:club: (3 players)
      SB raises $1.77 (All-In), UTG2 calls $0.55 (All-In), Hero calls $1.76 (All-In).

Turn: ($4.88) A:spade:
      River: ($4.88) 3:spade: (3 players)

Final Pot: $4.88
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

In all likelyhood I'm folding on the flop. SB is so tight that he probably doesn't even 3bet AK there so on that board even HU we might beat nothing at all with QQ. When UTG calls as well he'll often have a random Jx/Ax hand or something else that often has at least a few outs against us as well even if we happen to be ahead of SB, so really it's not a thrilling spot for our hand.

If you disagree about SB and you think he might 3bet AK and overbetjam the flop with or, or just snap out of character preflop and attempt to 3bet your isolation raise with garbage, you can call it off. But that's a lot of "maybe"s, compared to the simple fact that I expect him to play KK+ exactly that like most of the time. "I have KK+ I need to raise but not to big or they might fold. Well now they called and I still have the nuts so I'm all-in, who cares about how my line looks" typically of tight/passive fishes.

Hope it helps.