$10,40
      MP3:
      $10,15
      Hero:
      $34,32
      BU:
      $3,42

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , A:heart:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, BB raises to $1,30, Hero raises to $3,50, BB calls $2,20.

Flop: ($7,05) J:heart: , 3:heart: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $7,05, BB raises to $6,90 (All-In).

Turn: ($21,00) 9:diamond:
      River: ($21,00) 6:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $21,00

How big should I make my 4-bet?
      (Weird call by villain btw).
  • 4 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Your 4bet is super standart and perfect, you give him enough room to make moves because he thinks you didn't commit yourself and also enough room to coldcall AQ/AJ/AT/88/99/TT.If he happened to have one of these hands and made a suckout on you it's just a cooler otherwise you played it perfectly.Most of the times if you are playing versus super aggressive opponent you can 3bet even lower because they go on crazy mode and spazz with super wide range.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      majority good players recommend 2,5x 4 bet size.Yours is ok but IP I can 4bet even lower about 3-3,25.When you have strong hand you want to keep his lower part of the range in the pot.
      Postflop: actually bet sizing is horrible imhhhhho.What hands can call such bet, only QQ,KK,JJ,sometimes AK or Ax with FD.If you want him in pot with worse hands bet half or a bit more than half pot,let him push worse hands and draws on you(those missed AK with K :heart: ,maybe TT if he thinks your bet is weak etc.).
      Hope it helps :)
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by dallievas
      Hi,
      majority good players recommend 2,5x 4 bet size.Yours is ok but IP I can 4bet even lower about 3-3,25.When you have strong hand you want to keep his lower part of the range in the pot.
      Postflop: actually bet sizing is horrible imhhhhho.What hands can call such bet, only QQ,KK,JJ,sometimes AK or Ax with FD.If you want him in pot with worse hands bet half or a bit more than half pot,let him push worse hands and draws on you(those missed AK with K :heart: ,maybe TT if he thinks your bet is weak etc.).
      Hope it helps :)
      he checks ahead and it's about hero, also opponent has pot size bet so it's rather if he is agressive make it 1-2$ to look like you can give up but this looks even stronger than push.On this board he is calling almost everything he calls if he hit.e.g. if he called AQ/AK for the intention to hit Q/K/A than he will surely fold , but call AJ here.also all PP's are calling probably the J doesn't really improve our 4bet range.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree with dallievas about the preflop sizing.

Postflop it's very villain-dependent, you want to bet what will look the weakest to him. Maybe he thinks if you just jam you have AK/bluffs every single time and he'll call it off with any pair. Maybe he thinks if you bet $1 you're always trying to sucker him in with a huge hand. Or totally the opposite on both counts.

When in doubt I usually just go ahead and bet around $2, expecting villain to maybe make a mistake with AK/AQ/underpairs due to the "weak-looking" bet and to pretty much always shove over with JJ+.

Hope it helps.