This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 76s monsterdraw

• LiquidCity
      LiquidCity
      Bronze
      Known players:
      SB:
      $13,97
      BB:
      $9,00
      MP2:
      $10,15
      MP3:
      $5,37
      CO:
      $9,35
      Hero:
      $23,02

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, SB folds, BB raises to $0,90, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($1,85) Q:spade: , 9:diamond: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,40, Hero raises to $4,00, BB raises to $8,10 (All-In), Hero calls $4,10.

Turn: ($18,05) 5:heart:
      River: ($18,05) 8:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $18,05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows een straight, negen high (7d 6d)
      BB shows een straight, vrouw high (Jc Th)

BB wins with een straight, vrouw high (Jc Th)

I have position + villain is 3-betting very small OOP so this seemed like a good moment to call his 3-bet. Flop seems perfect with an OESD + FD.
      Should I call his bet or is raising fine also/even better?
      About the raise-size, is 4$ good? Smaller is wrong but if I raise bigger I put > half my stack in the pot, which means I can also push instantly (seemed kinda overplayed).
  • 2 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Bronze
      raising size is okey sometimes you gain extra fold equity with showing you commit yourself and you are holding strong hand.

I actually :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek: when i saw his holdings.He shouldn't be 3betting that ever OOP,you shouldn't be calling at all given the implied odds you have,otherwise postflop is super standart nothing to add there.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      unless player is really 3-betting a lot I´d likely just fold there 67s
      you don´t hit enough times good flops to continue with your hand and 7 high just doesn´t win enough times at showdowns so you have to make moves some boards to make pf call profitable
      Postflop is fine
      Can´t really do anything on that board than raise and get it all-in
      About his hand: I´d sometimes call ,but i think 3-bet is also fine if BU range there is wide and even if get called JT doesn´t play horrible postflop