[NL2-NL10] NL10 76s monsterdraw

• LiquidCity
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, SB folds, BB raises to $0,90, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($1,85) Q:spade: , 9:diamond: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,40, Hero raises to $4,00, BB raises to $8,10 (All-In), Hero calls $4,10.

Turn: ($18,05) 5:heart:
      River: ($18,05) 8:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $18,05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows een straight, negen high (7d 6d)
      BB shows een straight, vrouw high (Jc Th)

BB wins with een straight, vrouw high (Jc Th)

I have position + villain is 3-betting very small OOP so this seemed like a good moment to call his 3-bet. Flop seems perfect with an OESD + FD.
      Should I call his bet or is raising fine also/even better?
      About the raise-size, is 4$ good? Smaller is wrong but if I raise bigger I put > half my stack in the pot, which means I can also push instantly (seemed kinda overplayed).
  • 2 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      raising size is okey sometimes you gain extra fold equity with showing you commit yourself and you are holding strong hand.

I actually :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek: when i saw his holdings.He shouldn't be 3betting that ever OOP,you shouldn't be calling at all given the implied odds you have,otherwise postflop is super standart nothing to add there.
    • Kaitz20
      unless player is really 3-betting a lot I´d likely just fold there 67s
      you don´t hit enough times good flops to continue with your hand and 7 high just doesn´t win enough times at showdowns so you have to make moves some boards to make pf call profitable
      Postflop is fine
      Can´t really do anything on that board than raise and get it all-in
      About his hand: I´d sometimes call ,but i think 3-bet is also fine if BU range there is wide and even if get called JT doesn´t play horrible postflop