[NL20-NL50] NL25 - 78s. 3Bet pot, up&down on turn, worth calling?

• DecMate
      Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 943951
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $46.72
      BTN: $27.33
      SB: $25.00
      Hero (BB): $25.00
      UTG: $26.44
      MP: $27.08

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 8 :diamond: 7 :diamond:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, MP calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.60) 7 :club: T :diamond: 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, MP calls $3

Turn: ($10.60) 3 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $7, Hero folds

Villian is 13/12 over ALOT of hands, his fold to 3bet was really high.
      After he flats on the flop i'm not sure what he's doing, i think he's trapping with aces but not sure why he woulden't raise flop, so possibly he could have a set. But i was thinking about raising the turn but he's just so tight i'm not sure wether this would be the best move, thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      check/fold the turn but never check/call and if you want spiritually in yourself to do the 2nd one just bet/fold the turn you gain extra fold equity he can sometimes have some unexpected stuff like 88 which he will sure bet if you check.
    • nitaidean
      Well depends what your stats say bout his tendency to fold to cbets. If he rarely folds, then I would DB the turn since we have outs, and fold equity.

If he rarely calls cbets, c/f on the turn is best
    • Kaitz20
      well you can c/f turn but if he happens to have there QJ I think you´re at quite bad shape
      I'd likely continue my aggression and bet turn 6$ and since you have there pair+oesd I think you can't really b/f his hand since he should also sometimes shove there himself some draws (like AKcc or QJ) or even if he has just one pair hand then also you have sometimes close to 10 outs to improve which is quite a lot cosnider it is 3-bet pot and there is a lot of money in the pot
      If you check to him I'd like c/rai more than c/c. You can c/c but I think you´re not going to call his river shove so better put money in yourself on the turn
      So long strory quick: once you 3-bet suited coneectors and hit that board you shouldn´'t really get away your hand unless you get to the river with pair of 7s