This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2FR KK Minraised on flop

• heritiKyl
      heritiKyl
      Bronze
      Alright, so although I wasn't necessarily shortstacked I was playing the SSS so I believe this is the right place to post this. My information on the opponent wasn't much, I knew that he would call standard pre-flop raises with pretty much any Ace-Broadway (AK, AQ, AJ, AT) and other then that he was TAG for the most part.

Titan Poker Sligo 0.01/0.02, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

Button ($0.50)
      SB Hero ($0.80)
      BB ($0.90)
      UTG ($4.88)
      UTG+1 ($5.84)
      CO-1 ($0.79)
      CO ($8.98)

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with K:heart: K:club:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls 0.02, 1 fold, CO calls 0.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to 0.09, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls 0.08, CO calls 0.08.

I think a little bit of a larger raise might have been better, maybe 1-2bb more, but oh well. At these levels people call a raise no matter the size with any pp or any ace...

Flop (0.32) 5:heart: T:diamond: 5:diamond:
      Hero bets 0.30, 1 fold, CO raises to 0.60, Hero moves all-in for 0.40, CO calls 0.10.

I figured this was a good pot for me so I bet out. When the CO minraised me I figured he wouldn't call a pre-flop raise with a 5, unless of course it was pocket fives but I figured that I would probably have to pay him off / he wouldn't reraise them here. Then I thought he may have pocket tens and alarms went off; however, I figured he could also reraise AT here or perhaps AK / AQ since I was a short stack after my bet. Should I have folded because of my gutinstincts of him having TT instead of second guessing myself and assuming he could reraise AT and thus pushing? I figured I was pretty shortstacked anyway and most likely pot committed, hence the eventual push.

Turn (1.72) 4:spade:

River (1.72) 8:diamond:
  • 2 replies
    • kappe69
      kappe69
      Bronze
      you arent a short stack. as a SSS player you should have around 15-25 BB which would be 30 to 50 cents.

I think the hand is played well as a big stack. the standard raise as a shortstack preflop would be 4 BB + 1 BB for each limper. That would be 12cents. because your oop postflop you could raise even 1 BB more.

although you arent a short stack i dont think you can lay this hand down on the flop so i think it was the reight decision to push all in.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Kappe is right, you´re not a SSS here. But I as well would have played this hand the same way. He could play maybe a FD or a T that aggressive, as much as an Overpair or Overcards + FD like AJs, AQs. A 5 here is very unlikely.