[NL2-NL10] NL2FR KK Minraised on flop

• heritiKyl
      Alright, so although I wasn't necessarily shortstacked I was playing the SSS so I believe this is the right place to post this. My information on the opponent wasn't much, I knew that he would call standard pre-flop raises with pretty much any Ace-Broadway (AK, AQ, AJ, AT) and other then that he was TAG for the most part.

Titan Poker Sligo 0.01/0.02, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

Button ($0.50)
      SB Hero ($0.80)
      BB ($0.90)
      UTG ($4.88)
      UTG+1 ($5.84)
      CO-1 ($0.79)
      CO ($8.98)

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with K:heart: K:club:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls 0.02, 1 fold, CO calls 0.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to 0.09, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls 0.08, CO calls 0.08.

I think a little bit of a larger raise might have been better, maybe 1-2bb more, but oh well. At these levels people call a raise no matter the size with any pp or any ace...

Flop (0.32) 5:heart: T:diamond: 5:diamond:
      Hero bets 0.30, 1 fold, CO raises to 0.60, Hero moves all-in for 0.40, CO calls 0.10.

I figured this was a good pot for me so I bet out. When the CO minraised me I figured he wouldn't call a pre-flop raise with a 5, unless of course it was pocket fives but I figured that I would probably have to pay him off / he wouldn't reraise them here. Then I thought he may have pocket tens and alarms went off; however, I figured he could also reraise AT here or perhaps AK / AQ since I was a short stack after my bet. Should I have folded because of my gutinstincts of him having TT instead of second guessing myself and assuming he could reraise AT and thus pushing? I figured I was pretty shortstacked anyway and most likely pot committed, hence the eventual push.

Turn (1.72) 4:spade:

River (1.72) 8:diamond:
  • 2 replies
    • kappe69
      you arent a short stack. as a SSS player you should have around 15-25 BB which would be 30 to 50 cents.

I think the hand is played well as a big stack. the standard raise as a shortstack preflop would be 4 BB + 1 BB for each limper. That would be 12cents. because your oop postflop you could raise even 1 BB more.

although you arent a short stack i dont think you can lay this hand down on the flop so i think it was the reight decision to push all in.
    • Berliner1982
      Kappe is right, you´re not a SSS here. But I as well would have played this hand the same way. He could play maybe a FD or a T that aggressive, as much as an Overpair or Overcards + FD like AJs, AQs. A 5 here is very unlikely.